Leak: new photos shows the official packaging of the new Akai MPC Key 61 standalone MPC Synthesizer keyboard.
New day new Akai Pro MPC Key 61 leak. That’s how it feels right now. Today you get all the details about the new MPC keyboard Synthesizer including the first pictures of the hardware.
Since the pictures and the features have leaked out, I assume that the device will be presented at the start of the new firmware 2.11 on June 23rd. Especially since the MPC Key 61 uses firmware 2.11 as an operating system.
- Quad-Core ARM processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 32 GB Memory
- dedicated SATA bay for SSD Expansion
- semi-weighted 61-key keybed with aftertouch
- 16 velocity-sensitive MPC drum pads with note repeat
- assignable touch strip controller
- 4 assignable Q Link Controller knobs
- pitch bend/modulation wheels
- dedicated transport section
- vibrant 7″ Color Touch Screen with Multi Touch & Gestures
- audio Interface with high-quality AD/DA converters
- accepts class-compliant audio interfaces and MIDI devices
- sounds button for fast browsing
- WiFI/Bluetooth for Ableton Link syncronisation
- 8 CV/Gate Output Jacks for modular integration
- MIDI In/Out/Thru, USB hub
- 2 mic/line inputs with high-end preamps
- 4 discrete line outputs
- powered by the firmware 2.11
- new OPx4 FM Synthesizer, stage piano, stage EP, session strings, and organ.
- new Fabric XL Synthesizer plugin
- 100+ state-of-the-art effects
- 8 plugin instruments and audio tracks,
- powerful 128 Track MIDI sequencer
- a world-class 16GB onboard Factory Library
According to the new leak, the MPC Key 61 will cost $1899 USD. Not little but what is offered here in a keyboard is pretty amazing.
Article Update (12.06.2022)
The Akai MPC Key 61 is still not officially released. But there are two new leaked photos that now show the official packaging of the upcoming Synthesizer/sampler keyboard.
I don’t think I’ve seen so many leaks for a new product in a long time. Akai if you’re reading this, it’s about time to release the product.
Article June 3rd, 2022
NAMM starts today and will we finally see the Akai MPC Key 61? There is no information so far about a possible announcement. However, there were clear indications that Akai had already showcased their new product to selected people behind closed doors at Superbooth 22.
What is new, however, is another picture from Instagram of the music producer Scott Storch, who is apparently the beta tester. On the backside, you can see a wide range of connectivity.
Article April 4, 2022
For some time now I’ve been following the development of Akai Pro, whether an MPC keyboard will really be released. So far there have only been early drawings in firmware updates indicating something is in the works.
Today there is a leak of an image that may show the upcoming Akai MPC Keys. This photo was published in the Akai user group.
Akai MPC Key 61 leak
As a reminder, there are rumors and hints that Akai Pro developers are working on a keyboard with integrated MPC software. A kind of sampler groovebox keyboard. Would be a logical step to squeeze the engine into a keyboard as the MPC software is currently very powerful and stable. It has a mighty sampler with auto-sampling, multiple synthesizers including an ARP Odyssey emulation, mellotron, and more.
In the picture, we see a keyboard with 61 keys, MPC-style pads, a screen, and other control elements. There is also an Akai Pro logo on the lower left side.
In this photo, you can see Scott Storch (IG Story) who is probably a beta tester, showing his child the first steps to playing the keyboard. Full of enthusiasm for his child, Scott has probably leaked a product on Instagram that is not yet official. So far we only knew drawings like the one below.
It will be very interesting to see what Akai shows us here. I think it’s the MPC as a keyboard. There are many clues. Maybe on Superbooth 22? Let’s see.
More information will be released here: Akai