2RuleFilter is a free Moog type-based filter plugin for PC & Mac with expanded functionalities for crazy, filtered glitch sounds.
The plugin is based on a classic, self-resonant Moog filter and features lowpass, highpass & bandpass settings. The filter cutoff frequency can be controlled manually, or by an LFO or by an envelope follower. It’s not a basic filter but has some cool additional features.
One of these is called “scrambler” that plays filtered signals randomly depending on the selected beat. Using this function, you can maintain the rhythmic, choppy, buffered, and tempo sync output. The mix knob mixes wet/dry signals. Further, there is a bit-crusher onboard that produces harsh, distorted sounds.
2Rule Filter Features
- New GUI
- High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass filter
- Modulation of filter cut-off frequency by LFO (tempo-sync), manually or envelope follower (reversible)
- Bit crusher (16bit to 1 bit)
- Scrambler that divides one measure to different time intervall and plays beats randomly.
- Mix balance in between dry(input signal) and wet(filtered and bit crushed).
- The sensitivity that allows the filter cut-off frequency be changed from roughly to smoothly. This effect is the same of parameter smoothing
2Rule Filter is available now as a free download for Windows and Mac.
More information here: 2Rule