Tone2 RayBlaster 2.6 is a new update for its unique impulse modeling Synthesizer plugin that includes new features, improved GUI, and bug fixes
With RayBlaster, the German software company Tone2 has a very special Synthesizer plugin in its portfolio. It uses a “revolutionary” impulse modeling synthesis” that is described as a radically different approach to synthetic sound generation. “It creates its distinctive sound by combining many short bursts of energy to form a complex sound. In fact, this innovative technique is very close to how our human inner ear perceives sound”.
The new free updates 2.6 includes a large GUI, new features (soft-clipping algorithm with low harmonic distortion…), improved sound quality, and many other enhancements and fixes. Good to see this bigger update for this special synth.
New In RayBlaster V2.6
- A big interface is available beside of the normal scale now.
- It is possible to select from 4 GUI sizes in ‘Setup’.
- The texts shown in the patch-browser on Mac support hi-dpi drawing.
- The plugin detects the best GUI-size automatically.
- Added Digital-Signatures for the installers on PC
- Added Notarisation for the installers on Mac
- Support for Code-Signing on the Mac, since new hosts may require it to be able to run plugins
- Compatibility with MacOS Catalina
- Completely new AudioUnit interface
- More harmonic overall sound.
- Enhanced sound of ‘Chorus’ and ‘Ensemble’. They sound smoother and less detuned.
- Enhanced sound of ‘Delay’,’Delay Band’,’PingPong’,’Multitap’,’Delay Diffuse’ and ‘Delay Dual’. The echo sounds less detuned.
- Higher precision audio-rendering.
- Workaround for a well-known bug in Apple’s AU-manager: It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac to detect the plugin.
- Some texts on newer OSX-versions were looking ugly.
- More contrast for the user-interface.
- Removed the ugly reflections of the borders from the GUI.
- PC-version is loading faster.
- Better compatibility with Windows 10.
- Activation-dialogue in also available in German.
The standalone version for Windows has been updated as well:
- Added a recorder that can export your jam-session to a wav-file.
- The BPM-rate can be changed.
- Added a soft-clipping-algorithm with low harmonic distortion.
- The current patch can be saved on exit and is reloaded automatically on start.
- MME-driver support.
- Midi-through support with output-routing.
- Added Midi-velocity-curves with multipoint-splines.
- Optional Midi-transposition with up to +-48 semitones.
- Optional Midi-channel-filtering.
- The current BPM-rate, CPU-load and volume is shown on the top-panel.
- Tooltips are shown on the top-panel.
- Lower latency for the sound-card drivers.
- More responsive GUI with 120 Hz refresh-rate for smooth knob movements.
- Fixed some GUI glitches in the browser which could appear if very long names are used.
- Fixed the Y-coordinates of the texts on Mac.
- Fixed a rarely appearing crash on the Mac that could happen when the plugin was deleted while a tooltip was shown.
- Fixed a rarely appearing problem when envelope-parameters were not updated correctly.
- Fixed an unlikely crash on the Mac which happened if the plugin was closed immediately after opening the browser.
- Fixed a bug in the fast-sine-approximation on PC.
- Fixed a bug with list-selectors on Mac 64bit.
- Updated some deprecated links.
Tone2 RayBlaster 2.6 is a free update to existing RayBlaster 2 users and is downward compatible with all previous versions.
More information here: Tone2
Available at our partner Reverb + use code SYNTHANATOMY10 at checkout for your first Reverb purchase, $100 or more.Reverb