MicroMonsta, the small fat-sounding digital Synthesizer from Audiothingies (France), is getting a successor (V2) with more features this year
Audiothingies Micromonsta is a compact, great-sounding 8-voice digital Synthesizer with a very versatile engine (2 oscillators (waveforms + wavetables), 1 sub, multimode filter (8 types), 3 envelopes, 3 LFOs, 6 modulations slots, internal FX, MPE support and more. It is considered as an absolute insider tip in the Synthesizer communities.
Unfortunately, Micromonsta was discontinued in 2019 because of certain components no longer exist. But the good news is, the developer is working hard on a new version 2. According to Audiothingies, the hardware design is finished, will be slightly smaller but the firmware development is still in development. It will be a more powerful and different Synthesizer at the hardware & software level but with the MicroMonsta DNA inside.
In a Facebook post on April 29, the manufacturer announced that the new version will be bi-timbral, have more voices, and three oscillators per voice. Also, it will feature filter FM, an onboard lush reverb, and more. Looking forward to seeing what’s inside the new version. Some users want a better SysEx implementation in V2, which would make an editor possible.
However, it is still not certain whether it will be called MicroMonsta 2. The developer threw the name Nanomonsta into play.
MicroMonsta V1 Features
- 8 voices of polyphony
- 2 oscillators, 1 sub-oscillator, 1 multimode filter, 3 envelopes, 3 LFOs, 6 modulation slots, 3 scalers, 1 lag operator per voice
- 12 oscillator types + 30 (multi-sampled) wavetables (15 factory featuring both evolving sweeps and totally random wavetables + 15 user for your own creations) + Non-interpolated wavetables
- 8 filter types
- Powerful detuning options (both per voice and per oscillator)
- Powerful arpeggiator with step pattern editor, slide and accent capable for 303-ish arpeggiated phrases
- Deep modulation matrix (with for example filter parameters, envelope or LFO speeds as destination)
- A chorder module allowing the generation of 4-note chords within a key/scale
- Internal FXs
- 384 preset slots to store your sound creations
- Arp pattern randomization options
- MPE compatibility (Settings: Channel 1 = common, Channels 2 to 16 = notes, pitch bend set to +- 48 semitones, slide: CC1, relative unipolar or CC74, relative bipolar)
- USB MIDI input
- Drone mode
- Microtuning support
The new Audiothingies Micromonsta (V2) will be available this year and will cost roughly the same as the previous one.
More information here: AT