RME Audio Babyface Pro FS is a major upgrade with a new full SteadyClock FS circuit, improved AD/DA conversion, better mic preamps & headphone amps
The Babyface Pro FS is a 24-channel 192 kHz bus-powered USB audio interface that is powered by the new full SteayClock FS circuit that can be found in the ADI-2 Pro FS. It’s made for the lowest jitter and highest jitter immunity. The biggest changes took place internally
The biggest changes took place internally: improved AD/DA conversion, better microphone preamps, new headphone amplifiers found on the RME ADI-2 series & more. At first look, a nice update for the Babyface audio interface lineup.
Four years ago the Babyface Pro again demonstrated RME’s absolute commitment to superior craftsmanship, not only in audio circuits and driver development but also in mechanics.
Created with the highest precision from a block of aluminum, this high-end portable interface incorporated newly designed analog and digital circuits. Its innovative energy-saving technologies provided supreme fidelity with no compromises in level, noise or distortion.
- +19 / +4 dBu switch on the bottom adds a direct way to reduce the output level, thus improves SNR for sensitive active monitors, avoids distortion / overload, and helps to keep TotalMix FX faders near 0 dB instead of high attenuations.
- Full SteadyClock FS circuit as in the ADI-2 Pro FS for lowest jitter and highest jitter immunity.
- 3.5 mm TRS phones output power rises from 70 mW to 90 mW. THD of both phones outputs improved by up to 10 dB. Uses same output op-amps as ADI-2 Pro now. Output impedance of 3.5 mm TRS lowered from 2 Ohms to 0.1 Ohms.
- Mic inputs SNR improved from 112.2 dB to 113.7 dB, TRS Line inputs SNR improved from 114 dB to 116.3 dB (120 dBA). THD Line inputs improved by 8 dB.
- 6 samples less latency on the AD side by new ADC (5 samples AD, 7 samples DA. It won’t get quicker…).
- All the above improvements were achieved without raising the units power consumption.
- K-slot for theft protection.
The RME ADI-2 DAC has received also an upgrade and now ships with the extended remote control RME MRC (Multi-Remote-Control), which supports all current ADI-2 DAC’s so existing owners can upgrade to the new MRC as well.
RME Audio Babyface Pro FS is available soon for 739€ worldwide.
More information here: RME Audio
Babyface Pro FS is available for pre-order at our partner