The first Behringer K-2 synthesizer units are delivered and many customers & media started comparing it to the original MS-20 & MS-20 Mini
As everyone knows, Behringer recently released the K-2 Synthesizer, a clone of the well-known KORG MS-20. The K-2 is compatible with the Eurorack format and has both filter revisions onboard.
The question that most ask: how does the Behringer K-2 Synthesizer sound and how close does it get to the original Korg MS-20? Rob Papen and the colleagues from the German Megasynth engaged in a video with this question.
A nice test that shows that there are sound differences between the two devices. But it is also a matter of taste what you prefer. However, the vintage MS-20 has a character that you can not clone so easily. The K-2 is very close to the original but not 100% perfect/accurate.
Analog and Semi-Modular Synthesizer with Dual VCOs, Ring Modulator, External Signal Processor, 16-Voice Poly Chain, and Eurorack Format
- Amazing analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF, and VCA designs
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- First and second-generation filter design (high pass/low pass with peak/resonance)
- 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for ultimate sounds
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution, main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 36 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K
The moment I wrote the article, YouTuber Starsky Carr posted a video comparing the Behringer K-2 to the KORG MS-20 Mini. So this new video may not be missing here.
Behringer K-2 is available now for 319€. Estimated delivery 2-3 weeks (Thomann)
Available at our partner