The Grid… yes so starts a sentence from the movie Tron Legacy but is also the key feature of the new published Bitwig Studio 3. The Bitwig developer invites you to discover her Grid, a new open modular environment with 150+ modules divided into three parts: The Grid, Poly Grid, and FX Grid devices. The biggest advantage of this is the freedom of how you want to work: complex polysynths, modular effect processors,…
Besides, the new Grid feature, it comes with a very handy automatic project backup function, Ableton Link v3 support as well as many improvements. Version 3 is probably the biggest and most exciting update so far for Bitwig Studio. It gives the users the modular function which was advertised from the beginning and directs Bitwig Studio into a DAW new direction. No longer the eternal Ableton comparison.
Modularity has been at the core of Bitwig Studio from the beginning. Devices can be nested, clips are containers, modulators exist everywhere, and practically anything can be dragged anywhere. But with Bitwig Studio 3, we are zooming out so you can push in.
The Grid is an open modular environment that powers a family of new devices in Bitwig Studio 3: Poly Grid and FX Grid. With a vast library of modules and a supersonic workflow, you’ll be creating your own unique sounds immediately, and in high-fidelity. Simply add a Grid device to your project and start patching. It’s fun. The Grid includes:
- Fully-modular sound design
- Fantastic sound quality
- 150+ modules
- Any signal, anywhere
- Lighting-fast workflow
- 4x-oversampled, stereo signal path
Construct a polyphonic synthesizer from scratch in one session. Create an adaptive audio effect with your signature sound. Experiment with generative drones until you find a new way to perform. Or simply create the undefinable. Patching is effortless, giving full reign to your creativity.
New Key Features In Bitwig Studio 3
- The Grid, a modular sound design environment sporting 154 modules and lightning-fast workflows
- Poly Grid device: for creating synthesizers, sequenced patches, and more
- FX Grid device: for creating audio FX with optional voice stacking
- Automatic Project Backups, each time you re-save a project
- Real-time Ruler, showing timelines in minutes and seconds
- Ableton LINK version 3, supporting start/stop synchronization
- Global GUI Contrast settings, making the interface pop on any monitor
- Redesigned Instrument Inspector, offering polyphony, two mono voice modes, and more
- VU Meters in Routing Choosers, showing the signal you are looking for
- Reworked audio backends, sporting timing improvements on all platforms
Bitwig Studio 3 (macOS, Linux & Windows) is available now for $399 USD/379€. For a limited time, you can save $100/100€ during the summer sale. The update is part of the upgrade plan ($169 USD/159€) which is valid for 12 months. During the summer sale, you can save $40/40€ off on the upgrade path. The summer sale is valid until July 13th, 2019.
More information here: Bitwig Studio 3