Even if Pioneer DJ is not on the Superbooth in two weeks, they want to take advantage of the opportunity to announce a new product. The TORAIZ SQUID is a new hardware MIDI/CV sequencer for hardware Synths, drum machines and more.
SQUID offers 16 tracks in total with 64 patterns/steps per track and comes with some handy features. Not an easy task for Pioneer DJ, especially when you know that today there are many new sequencers that can do even more, like the Squarp Instruments Pyramid. How it really is, you can only say after longer testing anyway but nonetheless, welcome back Pioneer DJ with the TORAIZ line up.
Unlock limitless creativity with the SQUID™ multitrack sequencer. Part of our TORAIZ™ series of musical instruments and production equipment, this inspiration tool will be the heartbeat of your studio and live setups. The SQUID will control your workflow and give you the chance to develop new styles of music as you create unique sequence patterns and phrases at the touch of a button. Connect, sync and simultaneously control up to 16 instruments via its multiple input/outputs. The terminals are compatible with various equipment, from your DAW and hardware instruments to modular synths, vintage synthesizers, and drum machines.
Perfect for on-the-fly music production, the layout and controls are effortless to navigate so your ideas will come to life the moment inspiration strikes. This production tool enables you to randomize sounds, sequences, and drums – all in key. Access endless polyrhythmic-looping options and instantly change the playback direction and speeds. With the world-first* Groove Bend feature, you’ll really feel the groove as you generate original rhythms in real time. And by controlling everything in one place, you can focus on developing phrases.
- intuitive workflow with a step edit section
- arrange phrases in real time
- save your “happy accidents” with the Time Warp function
- connect various instruments with a USB B terminal, MIDI, 2x CV/Gate outputs, clock in/out, DIN sync input/output
- fast-import and export of sequence patterns, projects and MIDI clips between the SQUID and your PC/Mac.
- Harmonizer function for creating envolving phrases
- 16 tracks (maximum)
- 64 patterns (maximum per track)
- 64 steps (maximum per track)
- step resolution (quarter note, eighth note, sixteenth note, twenty-fourth note, and thirty-second note)
- 8 notes polyphony (per step)
- 128 projects in total
Pioneer DJ SQUID will be available by the end of April 2019 for a price of $599 USD.
More information here: Pioneer DJ