Koalas can be admired not only in the zoo but also now on iOS. Koala is a new sampler application with which you can sample directly from the internal mic of your iOS device and create grooves on the fly. Additionally, it’s possible to resample the output of the app to create new content.
To make the sounds more interesting, the app features various microphone and DJ Mix effects. For the price of $2.99, it’s amazing new app for iOS.
Koala is the ultimate pocket-sized sampler. Record anything with your phone’s mic instantly. Use Koala to create beats with those samples, add effects and create a track! Koala’s super intuitive interface helps you make tracks in a flash, there is no brake pedal. You can also resample the output of the app back into the output, through the effects, so the sonic possibilities are endless. Its design focuses totally on making the music making progress instant, keeping you in the flow and keeping it fun, not getting bogged down by pages of parameters and micro-editing.
- Record up to 64 different samples with your mic
- Transform your voice or any other sound with 8 superb built-in fx
- Resample the output of the app back into a new sample
- Export loops or entire tracks as professional quality WAV files
- Copy/paste or merge sequences just by dragging them
- Create beats with the high-resolution sequencer
- Keyboard mode lets you play chromatically or one of 9 scales
- Quantize, add swing to get the right feel
- Add any (or all) of the 8 effects to the entire mix
- AudioBus 3.0 compatible
- MIDI controllable
- Jam with others over WiFi with Ableton Link
- Built-in Microphone FX: more bass, more treble, fuzz, robot, reverb, octave up, octave down & Synthesizer
- Built-in DJ Mix-FX: bit-crusher, pitch-shift, comb filter, ring modulator, reverb, stutter, gate, resonant high/low pass filters
Koala Sampler is available now for iPhone and iPad for $2.99 USD. A free version for macOS is available on the developer website.
More information here: Kaola Sampler
Support the iOS News on Patreon