On the 808 Day Roland released a free firmware update for the SYSTEM-8 which features the brand new JX-3P Plug-Out Synthesizer developed with the latest ACB technology!
Happy 808 Day to everyone. As usual, Roland has updated its products. But a big new product did not come this time. The company released today a free firmware update for their ACB based flagship virtual analog Synthesizer SYSTEM-8. The update v.1.3 features the new JX-3P plug-out that is now preloaded onto the [ PLUG-OUT 3 ] button. It’s based on the vintage 6-voice Synthesizer produced by Roland in 1983: 2 DCO’s per voice, resonant low pass & high-pass filters, chorus, 128-step sequencer.
Beside this, the new firmware v.1.3 features several bug fixes.
Powerful and deep, the SYSTEM-8 delivers a vast palette of sounds inspired by over four decades of legendary Roland synths. Its next-gen Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) engine powers an eight-voice, three-oscillator monster with stunning filters and effects, highly versatile LFOs, and a massive array of high-resolution knobs and sliders to control it all. Support for three PLUG-OUT synths means the SYSTEM-8 can host spot-on recreations of numerous Roland classics, and JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTS are even included with purchase*. Split and layer synths for unheard of sounds, and tap into the integrated vocoder, arpeggiator, CV/Gate outs, and advanced polyphonic step sequencer to fuel endless creative explorations.
New In The SYSTEM-8 Firmware V.1.3
- JX-3P PLUG-OUT is preloaded onto the [ PLUG-OUT 3 ] button.
* Loading the JX-3P plug-out requires a factory reset after updating. Follow the procedure in “Updating the Tone Data” to select the target item for the factory reset (“ALL” or “PLUG-OUT 3”) and execute the factory reset.
* If a different plug-out exists at the [ PLUG-OUT 3 ] button, removing the plug-out and reselecting [ PLUG-OUT 3 ] loads the JX-3P plug-out. For information on how to remove a plug-out, go to the [ Owner’s Manual ] and refer to “SYSTEM-8 Reference Manual — Removing a PLUG-OUT (PLUG-OUT REMOVE).”
- Bug Fixes: The following bugs were fixed.
- When importing a patch, a different is sometimes imported.
- Other minor bugs.
The firmware update 1.3 for the SYSTEM-8 is available now free of charge for existing users.
More information here: Roland
Available here: Roland SYSTEM-8 Synthesizer