AKAI Professional has announced today the release of version 2.2 of its MPC software. It includes many user-requested features and functionality improvements. The biggest news are not the features but the availability. The newest MPC software version is now available also for non-MPC hardware users. So you can use it with any pad controller (AKAI MPD series, NI MASCHINE…) on the market.
New In MPC Software 2.2
- MIDI Learn (Global): MPC Software can now be controlled by external MIDI surfaces other than the MPC, such as keyboards and pad controllers. This includes 3rd-party products.
- MIDI Learn (Project): Automatable parameters (volume, pan, etc.) can now be controlled by external surfaces such the faders on a MIDI mixer or rotary knobs on keyboard controllers.
- Humanize: Users can now add randomization to the timing or velocity of MIDI events. This is great for grooves that are slightly “out-of-the pocket.”.
- Generate Random Events: MPC can generate random melodic and drum patterns across the timeline.
- Many more workflow and stability enhancements.
Check out the article from our friends Ask.Audio where you receive a 50% discount if you purchase the MPC 2 software as a new users
This update is free for existing MPC 2 Software owners. Upgrades from MPC Software version 1 start at $99.99 USD, new purchases from $199.99 USD.
More information here: AKAI Pro