Strymon is one of the most well-known hardware effect pedal manufacturers. At this year’s NAMM show, the company has presented after a long wait its first official Eurorack effect module. Magneto is a new full-featured four head dTape Echo and Looper with deep sound features.
The designers describe Magneto as “a interstellar space machine that can create expansive soundscapes and evolving, otherworldly tones. Add layers upon layers of harmonic and rhythmic complexity within an enveloping stereo field. Infuse your rack with vintage warmth and retro futuristic soul”.
Packed with powerful features while maintaining intuitive playability, Magneto is a stereo multi-head tape delay that also functions as a looper, phrase sampler, vintage spring reverb unit, phase-aligned clock multiplier, chaotic oscillator, zero latency sub-oscillator and more, with extensive CV I/O.
Turn simple monophonic signals into complex orchestrations. Create new oscillator tones using self-oscillation. Add rich stereo dimension to your sound, and enjoy the inherent warmth and sweet, subtle distortion characteristics of magnetic tape. Magneto transforms even the smallest rack into a fully expressive, immersive instrument.
- Tape-voiced delay machine with four playback heads and one record head
- Processor-intense dTape algorithm delivers meticulously nuanced recreations of vintage tape echo systems
- Three operational modes: Echo, Sound On Sound Looper, Phrase Sampler
- Varispeed algorithm with dynamic machine mechanics, 8:1 speed range
- Input record level for clean reproduction to warm, fat saturation
- Self-oscillating for tone generation
- Independent Spring Reverb
- Dedicated control over tape mechanics, machine health, and tone: Low Cut, Tape Age, Crinkle, Wow & Flutter
- Transport controls (buttons and CV inputs) for real-time performance options
- Individual Playback Head Level controls
- Individual head Feedback assignment independent of playback level
- Three stereo head panning options, including user-defined custom panning
- Phase aligned clock out (CLK OUT) CVs synched with clock in (CLK IN) CV
- Maximum Delay/Loop Time: 15 seconds at maximum Speed, two minutes at minimum Speed
- Minimum Delay Time: 200µS at maximum speed
- Clock In CV Range: 50ms – 15s
- TAP Button Range: 50ms – 15s
- TAP CV Range: 10ms – 15s
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Super high performance SHARC DSP
- 114db typical signal to noise
- Sampling Rate: 96kHz
- Audio Input Impedance: 22 kOhm
- Maximum Audio Input Level: 20 Vpp
- Audio Output Impedance: 1 kOhm
- Maximum Audio Output Level: 20 Vpp
Magneto is available at the Strymon Store and authorised dealers, priced at $599 USD.
More information here: Strymon
Available here: Strymon Magneto