For the NAMM 2018, ARTURIA launched the MiniBrute 2 & 2S analog Synthesizer. The successor of the well-known MiniBrute now comes with a second oscillator, a semi-modular architecture and much more. I got the opportunity to take a closer look at the MiniBrute 2 keyboard edition.
What’s exciting, every buyer gets the ARTURIA Cook Book, a hardcover book where you can find various sounds to re-program. These example sounds helps you to understand the complete engine as well as give you interesting ideas to craft own sounds.
In a first video I look at the first 10 sounds from the Cook Book.
- Fully analog signal path
- 2 multi-waveform voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs)
- VCO1: Sawtooth, square, and triangle waveforms (VCO 1)
- Ultrasaw, Metalizer, and pulse width modulation (PWM)
- VCO2: Sawtooth, square, and sine waveforms
- FM modulation between oscillators
- Random noise generator
- Steiner-Parker multimode filter with FM and RM (Resonance Modulation)
- 48-point patchbay
- Hard sync input for VCO1
- Separate VCA for modulation routings
- Two envelopes: ADSR (filter) and AD (amplitude)
- Loopable AD envelope
- Two multi-waveform LFOs with free-run or sync modes
- Brute Factor: overdrive the filter input with the audio output
- External audio can be routed through the Oscillator mixer or directly to the output
- Sequencer and arpeggiator, syncable to external clock: MIDI, USB, or CLK (1 step, 1 pulse, 24/48 ppq)
- MIDI input and output connectors
- USB port for use with a DAW
- Audio and headphone outputs
- Use with Arturia’s MIDI Control Center for device configuration and sequence archival
Available here for pre-order: ARTURIA MiniBrute 2
Please support SYNTH ANATOMY by becoming a PATREON for as little as $1 a month. With you help, I can publish daily news, reviews, tutorials & more. You will also have access to Patreon only sound goodies (preset libraries, sample libraries, plugins & more) every month!