- A powerful, easy to learn synth engine with no hidden menus.
- 4 Analog style sync-able oscillators with adjustable pulse width, frequency modulation and multiple wave types including pitch-able noise.
- The ability to run the amp section “too hot” creating a modern hyper-compressed sound.
- Super flexible unison control ranging from subtle warmth to massive super saw or super square sound.
- Multiple stereo width parameters allowing high precision control of the stereo field.
- Informative Physics Based Graphic Displays with Comprehensive Info Pane.
- Over 600 presets including Sequences, Chords, Motions, Bass, Leads, Keys, Pads & Effects.
- 6 Filter Types Including Powerful Vocal Filter with Filter Drive and Saturation.
- A Simple, Incredibly Usable and Useful FX Section.
- An editable Step Sequencer that can be Assigned to Pitch, Volume or Cut-Off Independently/Simultaneously.
Video Review & Sound Demo
Carbon Electra by Plugin Boutique could convince me in different points. The user interface is super straightforward and is perfect for beginners but also for advanced users. Everything is situated on one single page what makes it very easy to work with this Synthesizer. Also sound design technically convinced me Carbon Electra with a nice range of features. Oscillator 1 features a one knob FM features that allows musicians to add very quickly new timbres to existing sounds.
In the filter area, I was particularly impressed by the excellent formant filter, which allows users to discover new sonic palettes in the virtual analog world. For experimental and crazy sounds, the step follower function is perfect. It allows to go far beyond standard virtual analog sounds and to create very complex modulations. Something that bothered me about Carbon Electra is the lack of a modulation matrix. The modulation paths were simplified here and installed directly unter each sound feature (oscillator, filter…). Since I prefer a modulation matrix, I noticed this as a negative point.
An important point for many music producers today is the CPU consumption. In the test, the values were all very good and pleasant. Due to the relatively low consumption, I was able to use Carbon Electra in several instances on an older MacBook Pro (2012).
The Carbon Electra Synthesizer is an excellent sounding virtual analog Synthesizer for beginners and advanced users with some very interesting sound design features. For the current price of 33€ (regular 66€), Carbon Electra has an excellent price vs. quality value.
Plugin Boutique Carbon Electra (VST/AU) is now available for just 33€ until January 15th, 2018.
Available here: Carbon Electra Synthesizer