In the recent months, Dialog Audio has attracted attention with the Modulation Processor 3244. This plugin allows you to generate complex modulation in any workstation and send it to hardware and software instruments & effects. One other aim of the plugin is to offer a very easy solution to sync external hardware with any DAW. This week, the company introduced on more plugin with the same philosophy but one that focus mainly on sequencing.
Th SQ4 is a new sequence processor that allows you to create advanced sequences to modulate and synchronise your audio hardware and software parameters from within a DAW. This allows you not only to add software products a wide range of new extensive modulation possibilities but also to more classic oriented hardware. This opens quick new sounds with classic synths.
Complex Sequences Captures The Hardware And Software World
The Dialog Audio SQ4 sequence processor is not just a simple sequencer but is fully featured to offer you wide sound design possibilities
- Sequenced modulations: To create unique sequenced modulation patterns, 4 sequences with up to 128 steps per sequence are at your disposal.
- Sync & Trigger options: The SQ4 contains variable synchronisation options, which can be set from free running to hard sync. Note events can retrigger a sequence and several running directions can be selected.
- Fine adjustments: Swing, slew limiting, phase offset and gain, can be adjusted to accommodate modulations for the receiving device.
- Curved sequences: Each step can be designed individually to create unique modulation signals and steps can be combined to allow long and smooth curves over multiple steps.
- Step & Slop sequences: Quick adjustable step sequences can be used to create modulations with steep jumps. Slope sequences are suitable for quick and rough modulations.
- Extended features: The SQ4 can be loaded within the MP3244, which provides extended modulation possibilities.
All-Best Known Music Connections Are Supported
The SQ4 Sequence Processor understands analog voltages and all known music protocols used by musicians every day. So it can be used with any hard- and software device available on the market
- MIDI CC & SysEx: Synthesizers with MIDI input can be controlled via MIDI Controller or System Exclusive messages. Supported messages are: MIDI CC, RPN, NRPN (7bit / 14bit), SysEx with checksums.
- CV Gear: CV gear can either be controlled via any MIDI to CV converter or it can generate control voltages via a DC-coupled audio interface
- In-Host: Naturally, any in-host applications which lack of extensive parameter modulation, can be controlled.
The Dialog Audio SQ4 is now available for $49 USD or in the bundle with MP3244 for $79 USD.
More information here: Dialog Audio SQ4