You may have seen the very successful Kickstarter project Field Kit by the Berlin based company KOMA Elektronik and maybe you are one of the happy owners of this instrument. Today, the company announced that they are back on Kickstarter with a new campaign for another super exciting product. The Fielt Kit FX is a new product that is based on the same form factor as the Field Kit but this time it’s a cv controllable multi-effects processor for the Eurorack format. The Field Kit FX is built up from 7 separate functional blocks and comes with super clever sound design features: looper, frequency shifter, sample rate reducer/bitcrusher, digital delay, analog spring reverb, 4 channel VCA mixer, 4 step mini sequencer & envelope generator.
All of this, combined with the new 4 Channel CV Interface which allows you to route four cv signals throughout the device, means an incredible control over sound and timbre and a great addition to your mobile performance rig.
In my opinion a super exciting new product from KOMA Elektronik. It fits perfectly to the Field Kit which is an amazing tool for creating new sounds from zero. Looking forward to hear more about it. Also cool to hear is that the software is open-source so it would be possible to create new interesting effects like a glitch processor or so.
The Field Kit FX is built up from 7 separate functional blocks all focused on mangling and changing incoming audio and CV signals. They are designed to operate together as a coherent addition to our Field Kit Electroacoustic Workstation or alternatively together with other pieces of music electronics with the ability to use control voltage signals. The Field Kit FX is a mad machine packed with a bunch of cool effects and features!
- 4 channel VCA mixer
- CV controlled spring reverb
- CV controlled frequency shifter
- CV controlled digital delay
- CV controlled looper
- CV controlled sample rate reducer / bit-crusher
- Roll-O-Decks – cv generators
- 4 steps step mini sequencer
- Envelope generator
- CV interface
Field Kit FX Pack
Like with the original Field Kit, it’s all about the things you connect to the Field Kit FX! To get you started we offer an Expansion Pack with a bunch of different sources that you can use and connect to create your own signature sounds.
The Field Kit FX Pack contains:
- 1 x Spring Reverb Tank
- 1 x Delay Feedback Path Cable
- 1 x Big Contact Microphone
- 1 x Small Contact Microphone
- 1 x KOMA Elektronik Attenuator Cable
- 3 x 3,5mm Patch Cables
MRSP Pricing Field Kit FX Pack: 49,00 EUR (incl. 19% VAT)
With every Field Kit FX we ship a little booklet called “Another 50 Ways To Use The Field Kit FX,” which, besides being the official user manual, is 100ish page book with examples of 50 different setups with the Field Kit FX to spark your imagination to experiment with the Field Kit and Field Kit FX on how for instance use audio as modulation source, cool ways to use frequency shifting, use overdubbed looped layers, how to program and load your own effects for the DSP engine and so much more!
- Eurorack ready: You can easily interface the Field Kit FX with a Eurorack modular system. At the backside of the PCB you will find a power connector you can use to power the unit from your system. The total panel width will be 36HP.
- Open Source Software
The Field Kit FX is now available for pre-order over Kickstarter in the following versions:
- Field Kit FX / eurorack version (early bird): € 219
- Field Kit FX + FX Pack / eurorack version (early bird): € 268
- Field Kit + Field Kit FX: €449
- MSRP Pricing Field Kit FX: €249 (incl. 19% VAT)
- MSRP Pricing Field Kit FX + FX Pack: € 299 (incl. 19% VAT)
- MSRP Pricing Euroack Module: €249 (incl. 19% VAT)
- MSRP Pricing Eurorack Panel: €29 (incl. 19% VAT)
The Field Kit FX will be available in March 2018.
More information here: KOMA Elektronik Field Kit FX