ESI announced today MoCO, a new fully-passive monitor controller that can be a very useful tool for your studio monitors. The aim of this smart new product is to provide playback volume control of your studio monitors. Interesting here is that the device doesn’t have active components that can change the audio sound quality. The ESI MoCo is available for affordable 89€ and could be an interesting addition for every studio.
MoCo provides two separate stereo INPUTS — one with balanced 1/4-inch TRS (Tip-Ring Sleeve) connectors, the other with both unbalanced RCA (Radio Corporation of America) and unbalanced 1/8-inch TRS connectors — and two separate stereo OUTPUTS — one with balanced XLR (Canon X Series, Latch, Rubber) connectors, the other with balanced/unbalanced 1/4-inch TRS plus unbalanced 1/8-inch TRS connectors.
Users can quickly select the INPUT signal via an A/B switch and enable each OUTPUT with separate (A and B) buttons. There is also a MONO signal-activating button as well as an ability to quickly MUTE the playback audio signal at the press of another appropriate button. It is also possible to speedily swap the left and right audio signal channels. Last, but not least, the stylish big knob at the centre of MoCo’s delightful desktop design controls the all-important, actual playback volume — after all, that is what it’s all about!
As such, perfect playback volume control of studio monitors could not be simpler or speedier than working with MoCo, making for a sensible studio addition anywhere… and at a perfectly-positioned price point to match, making a purchase decision equally easy!
Features of MoCo
- 2x mono balanced 1/4″ TRS input (input A).
- 2x mono unbalanced RCA input (input B).
- 1x stereo unbalanced 1/8″ mini jack input (input B).
- 2x mono balanced XLR output (output A).
- 2x mono balanced / unbalanced 1/4″ TRS output (output B).
- 1x stereo unbalanced 1/8″ mini jack output (output B).
- selected high quality potentiometer for passive volume control.
- A/B input selection switch.
- L/R switch to swap left & right audio channels.
- independent A and B buttons to enable and disable the outputs.
- mono downmix button (mixes left to right channel and right to left channel).
- mute button to mute output signal instantly.
MoCo is available now at an MSRP of 89 EUR/USD.
More informations here: ESI MoCo