Uli Behringer just announced more details for the MiniMoog Synthesizer. If they can sell their D Synth for 400$, this will be a massive seller in the music stores. On top, it will be Eurorack compatible, so he will attack also this market.
This is a first draft of our “D” Synth with a proposed feature set below. Our goal is to design in a Poly Chain feature that allows combining up to 16 synths through Midi. Depending on the feedback we will then decide if we move further and build a first prototype.
Our targeted retail price is around US$ 400.
Analog Synthesizer with 3 VCOs, 24 dB Ladder Filter, LFO, 16-Voice Poly Chain and Eurorack Format
- Analog synthesizer with triple VCO design
- Reproduction of original “D Type” with matched transistors and JFETs
- 0.1% Thin Film resistors and Polyphenyline Sulphide capacitors for frequency stability
- Analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 5 variable oscillator shapes with pulse width variation
- Classic 24 dB ladder filter with resonance
- Fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- Switchable low/high pass filter mode
- 16-voice Midi Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16-voice polyphony
- Overdrive circuit
- Noise generator
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 46 controls for real-time access of all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Low and high level outputs
- Comprehensive MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program
More Informations here: Behringer D Synth