Matt Tytel has released a beta version of Helm, a free cross-platform Synthesizer instrument.
Helm is a free, cross-platform, polyphonic synthesizer that runs on GNU/Linux, Mac, and Windows as a standalone program and as a LV2/VST/AU/AAX plugin.
– 32 Voice Polyphony.
– Interactive visual interface.
– Powerful modulation system with live visual feedback.
– Dual oscillators with cross modulation and up to 15 oscillators each.
– Unison and Harmony mode for oscillators.
– Oscillator feedback and saturation for waveshaping.
– 12 different waveforms.
– 7 filter types with keytracking.
– 2 monophonic and 1 polyphonic LFO.
– Step sequencer.
– Lots of modulation sources including polyphonic aftertouch.
– Simple arpeggiator.
– Effects: Formant filter, stutter, delay.
Helm is a free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux. A debian package download, and source code for mac/pc is also available from Github.
Available here: http://tytel.org/helm/