Elastic Drums 2.3, one of the best drum machines/Synthesizer for iOS recently received a major update. The new update 2.3 adds multiple outputs for Inter-App Audio sessions.
This new feature allows you to manipulate each Elastic Drums instrument independently with different audio effects (IAA/AUv3).
Oliver from ED describes it in these words:
With update 2.3 you can still use Elastic Drums internal effects and go crazy on the XY pad, but now you can also combine that with an Eventide Blackhole reverb on a channel of your choice. When you route an individual channel directly to the host, this channels gets disconnected form ED’s master out and from ED’s effects, to avoid phase-shifting effects and audio chaos.
Note that enabling multiple outputs for an app is possible with InterApp-Audio only, so this feature is not available with AUv3.
- 6 synth channels with 12 different percussion synth engines (kick, snare, hihat, clap, tom, wobble, fm, fm4, square, grain, bass, drone)
- 12 parameters for each synth engine
- automation for each parameter via knob recording or velocity
- 4 send effect channels with 2×11 mono effects and 2 x 9 stereo effects
- automation for all of the 8 possible effect parameters via xy pad
- master effects (stutter, delay, compressor …)
- 16 step sequencer for the 6 channels, each with own tempo multiplier & length
- Ableton Link support
Elastic Drums 2.3 is available now from the Apple App Store for $9.99 USD. Update 2.3 is free of charge for existing users.
More information here: Elastic Drums