This week we were happy when Elektron released the Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta. The joy may continue next week. A new teaser video announces a new Elektron machine (“new minute, new machine, this is just # …”). In this video you can find some icons which gives us some hints.
What the terms tell us:
- loop or connecting loops to a song
- 3D box for reverb
- saw wave
- tire track
- a twisted box
- change waveforms?
- delay effect?
- growing/shrinking circles/dots = granular?
- Circle + circle & black circle
- back and forth arrows (looping feature?)
- curved up arrow and bars (fade in?)
- forward/tire tracks?
- drum synth engine? (bass, perc, hihat, snare, clap, cymbal, kick)
- sample start, sample lengtht
- filter cutoff
- +24 for the sample pitch maybe
- 127 maybe MIDI value
Mystery Elektron Box Icons Spotted At Matrixsynth
If you look at the words there may be a new sampling machine. Since Elektron already have a simple sampler (Digitakt) and a complex (Octatrack), they will probably bring a machine on the market which can do something different.
Exciting would be a mixture of a granular sampler/ drum machine or a groove-box with an analog engine and a little sample playback drum machine. Or we will see a 2018 Monomachine in the Digitakt/Digitone format?
We will receive the answer at the latest on Thursday morning at the NAMM 2019!
More information here: Elektron