Laurent Colson QuantiChord is a new handy AUv3 MIDI effect processor that generate chords based on the incoming notes and quantize to a specific scale!
Laurent Colson, good known for the iOS MIDI apps StepPolyArp & ChordPolyPad is back with another great development. QuantiChord is a new AUv3 MIDI effect processor that create chords based on the incoming notes, in total 8 transposed notes. In the final, the app quantize them to a scale.
A very handy MIDI app in my opinion for generating quick the perfect chords. The app is universal and can be used on the iPad and iPhone.
“QuantiChord” is a MIDI effect that generates chords from incoming notes and quantizes the results to a pre-defined scale. It can be used as a standalone application or as an Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in. The chord is generated by adding up to 8 transposed notes to the original note played. Once the chord is generated, it is quantized to limit it to the selected output scale.
The application supports full internal and external MIDI connections for input and output. An internal sound bank is included. The Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in supports multiple instances. A compatible host is required to run the plug-in. The host must support the Audio Unit MIDI effect format.
- Standalone application and Audio Unit MIDI effect plug-in
- 8 transposing sliders from -24 to +24 semi-tones (+/- 2 octaves)
- 1 global transposer slider
- Scale quantizer
- Lockable parameter protection when switching presets
- Resizable keyboard
- Sample-accurate timing
- Internal sound bank
- Receiving MIDI from external MIDI sources
- Internal routing of inputs, outputs
- Send MIDI to a virtual port that can be used as MIDI input by other “Core MIDI” compatible applications
- Random creation of presets
- Presets browser
- Full support of “Split View” and “Slide Over”
- Compatible hosts supporting AUv3 MIDI effects: Cubasis, AudioBus, AUM, BeatMaker, apeMatrix
- Supported MIDI connections: virtual “Core MIDI” connections between applications, iOS compatible MIDI interfaces, MIDI over WiFi.
- iPad or iPhone with iOS 12 or later
Laurent Colson QuantiChord is available now for iPad/iPhone for $6.99 USD on the Apple App Store! Please support the iOS coverage over Patreon and participate on monthly giveaways!
More information here: QuantiChord
Support here: Patreon