Tanzbär 2 is now blue, features a brand-new hybrid sound engine with analog percussion instruments, analog bass Synthesizer, sample support & more!
At SuperBooth 2018, the Berlin based company MFB announced a further development of the Tanzbär drum computer. Two points are immediately noticeable: the Tanzbär 2 is now blue and has a screen on the right side. These two changes are really small compared to the changes to the engine. Where everything was analog before, now the second version is powered by a hybrid sound architecture. As a result, it’s now a kind of groove-box rather than a pure drum machine.
Beside the 8 analog and 8 digital instruments of the Tanzbär 2, it features also now a full analog bass Synthesizer that comes with a SSI filter. On top, it comes with 3 sample voices that includes an analog multi-mode filter as well as 5 sample instruments with 2 types each voice. Nice is here that you can change the samples in the internal memory (300s with 208 sounds) with a free sample transfer software. All this is powered by an advanced step sequencer with various step length for each instrument and other creative features. Excellent is also here that it comes with 12 individual outs as well as one stereo output. MFB has recently announced that they have started shipping the Tanzbär to the retailers.
The Tanzbär 2 is a further development of the successful Tanzbär with a slightly different concept. Here, in addition to the LCD display, emphasis was placed on a hybrid structure, which allows the sounds to be selected more versatile, and the bass voice has also been upgraded to a fully-fledged synthesizer. The drum machine features 7 analog percussion instruments, an analog bass Synthesizer, 3 digital sample voices with analog multifilters and 10 sample instruments, of which 2 instruments share a sample voice.
The samples can be exchanged via a free tool offered on our website and allow everyone to have their own personal drum sound. The sample memory contains around 300 seconds for 208 samples. Also noteworthy is that each instrument has its own LFO (replaces the „Bend function in the predecessor Tanzbär) and thus does not stand in the way of diverse modulations.
The sequencer has chase programming and can store 100 patterns. The patterns can be chained via “CHAIN” and have up to 64 steps (A / B / C / D). Furthermore, 16 different Flames can be programmed, multiple triggers are a breeze. The plumb line can be adjusted individually for each instrument, making it easy to realize polymetric grooves. 32th, 16th or 16th / 8th triplet is adjustable as a metric. There are 4 different Accente available by instrument. The sound parameters can be recorded by step recording. Two tracks appeal to external Midi instruments, practically, no external sequencer needed! The shuffle can be individually or globally regulated in strength. Step programming also sends Midi Out and of course can control other sound sources.
The drum computer can be synchronized via USB or MIDI via Midi Clock. In addition to a master volume, each instrument has its own volume slider (except for four sample voices where this is controlled via the endless dial) and the mute button mutes the individual instruments. There are 12 single outputs (mini jack) and a stereo output (large stereo jack) available. TANZBAER measures 330 x 170 x 60 mm. Power is supplied via the included USB power adapter.
- Analog/Digital Drumcomputer with 8 analog plus 8 digital Instruments offering a Monster Sound
- Analog: Bass Synthesizer with SSI Filter, Kick 1&2, Snare 1&2, Tom/Conga 1-3
- Digital: 3 Sample Voices with analog multifilter, 5 Sample Instruments with 2 types each voice
- 16 LFOs with different waveforms and Midi synced rates * Free downloadable Sampletransfer Plugin (around 300s internal memory with 208 sounds)
- Direct User Interface, LCD Display und Mixer mit Fadern
- Tight Step Sequencer with various Steplenght each Instrument, 16 Flam types and 2 additional Midi channels for external gear
- 100 Patterns with up to 64 Steps and Chain feature
- Individual and global Swing-Quantisation
- Recordable Sounds for each Step (Parameter Lock)
- 12 individual Outs and one Stereo Output
- Midi Sync, IN, Out/Thru, USB and Midi Dump
- Compact metal chasiss with wooden panels and USB Power Supply
MFB Tanzbär 2 Drum Computer is available now for 979€ (MSRP).
More information here: MFB
Available here: MFB Tanzbär 2