iZotope’s award winning RX7 audio repair tool goes in the seventh version and features brand new machine learning powered features, new modules, Insight 2 & more!
iZotope has announced the official release of RX7, the next generation of their best-known post production audio repair toolbox & plugins. The new version brings new machine learning powered features to every music studio and will simply the work a lot. Of the big highlights of this new version is a new technology called music rebalance that allows you to separate different audio elements. It identifies vocal, bass, percussion and other instrument from any track and gives you to option to remove them from a track. This is especially a fantastic tool for musicians who want to create remixes.
Other new features are dialogue contour that reshape the intonation of dialogue, dialogue de-reverb that reduce or remove reverb from dialogue clips and full multi-channel support! On top, the company a major upgrade for the Insight metering plugin. As usual, it comes in different versions: RX7 Standard, RX7 Advanced, RX Elements and a brand new Post Production Suite 3.
The seventh generation of RX builds on years of extensive research in digital signal processing and machine learning.
Where RX 7 Advanced and the RX Post Production Suite focus on the needs of audio post professionals, RX 7 Standard and RX Elements solve common (and uncommon) audio issues faced by musicians.
RX 7 Standard
The updates in version 7 represent the latest advances in iZotope’s assistive audio technology, helping musicians speed past mundane tasks so they can focus on creative work.
- Repair Assistant – This industry-first intelligent repair tool analyzes audio to detect noise, clipping, clicks, and more, then offers three processing suggestions at three different intensities to help make fixes faster than ever.
- Music Rebalance – Using an algorithm trained with machine learning, Music Rebalance performs source separation by intelligently identifying vocals, bass, percussion, and other instruments. A user can then individually enhance elements of a stereo audio track, making it possible to adjust a mix without multitracks.
- Remove/Isolate Vocals – Create instrumental versions of songs by removing the vocal elements, or isolate the vocal to prepare a remix without having access to individual tracks or stems.
RX 7 Advanced
The seventh generation of RX Advanced, iZotope’s industry standard audio repair and editing suite, builds on years of extensive research in digital signal processing and machine learning. This update supplies the audio post community with deeper control over dialogue and speedy workflow enhancements.
- Dialogue Contour – reshape the intonation of dialogue to rescue or improve a performance, powered by pitch correction that is tailored to speech and designed to adjust the inflection of words within a phrase.
- Dialogue De-reverb – reduce or remove unwanted reverb from dialogue clips using an algorithm trained with machine learning and optimized to separate spoken dialogue from reverberant signal content.
- Pro Tools AudioSuite plug-ins – save time when fixing production audio by staying within Pro Tools and using new AudioSuite plug-ins to access features like De-Rustle and Dialogue Isolate.
- Multi-channel support – tackle audio issues that appear in any or every surround channel effortlessly up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
In the time since iZotope’s audio metering and analysis plug-in, Insight, first launched, surround sound has prompted new channel standards for film and TV, broadcast loudness targets have changed, and entirely new systems of measuring audio have been developed.
Insight 2 has been completely overhauled to provide thoroughly modern metering.
- New Intelligibility Meter – get a clearer picture of how an audience will experience the dialogue—powerful DSP measures the intelligibility of dialogue compared to the rest of the mix to ensure that the dialogue level can be clearly heard in different listening environments.
- A new look – resize and customize the new user interface, redesigned to be easier to read at a glance.
- Multichannel support – analyze audio in surround sound up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
- Global loudness standard support – set loudness targets for latest standards including EBU R128, BS.1770-1, BS.1770-2/3/4, ATSC A/85, and OP-59.
RX Post Production Suite 3, RX 7 Advanced, and Insight 2 are now available now at the iZotope website and select retailers. The new products are now on sale through October 31st, 2018. Owners of previous versions of RX, Insight, and RX Post Production Suite can upgrade at a discount.