Samples From Mars has created over 1000 new drum sounds with their versatile Eurorack Synthesizer, recorded it with high-quality pre-amps and released them in a big new sample library.
There are countless sample libraries on the market. Sample From Mars is one of the good-known companies in the industries which has a specific concept. They sampled always more or less vintage instruments and released them as sampled instruments/content. With their new release, they go another direction and designed over 1000 new drum samples using a modern Eurorack Synthesizer.
The library features bass drums, snares, rims, claps… and comes with mapped instruments for hardware (MPC) and software products: Battery, Kontakt 5, Maschine.
Modular synthesis has been around for decades, but has only recently experienced a massive resurgence, most notably in the Eurorack format created by Doepfer in the mid 90s. With over 5,000 modules available from hundreds of manufacturers, Eurorack has quickly become one of the most forward-thinking and inspiring technologies happening in the audio world right now. Companies are constantly competing to create the most original modules possible – everything from classic subtractive synthesis to morphable wavetables, phase modulation, audio folding, additive harmonic synthesis and more.
With such unique and seemingly endless modulation possibilities, it’s no wonder the sonic properties of the Eurorack lend themselves perfectly to creating unique drum and percussive one shots – sounds that transcend what any single drum machine can offer.
With this in mind, we sat down with our favorite modules, a nice preamp and tape machine, and synthesized everything from analog bassdrums, to sinewave subs, synthetic impulses, complex stabs, melodic congas, syn-toms, lasers, obscure snares, bells and whistles, analog lasers, wavetable bongos and even classic TR sounds (with a modular twist).
- 1,367 Modular Drum Samples, 24bit WAV.
- 24 pre-made 16 Hit Kits for fast loading.
- Includes Bass Drum, Snare, Rim, Clap, HH, Cabasa, Clave, Tom, Cymbal, Noise, Laser, Resonant, Tight Impact & FX Hits, Analog bassdrums, sinewave subs, synthetic impulses, complex stabs, melodic congas, syn-toms, lasers, obscure snares, bells and whistles, analog lasers, wavetable bongos and even classic TR sounds.
- Modules used: Digital/analog oscillators, Noise generators, Drum modules, Funky filters, Snappy envelopes, Wavefolders & DSP effects .
- Recorded through class A preamps to tape.
- Ableton includes 1 master drum rack containing all samples, with sample select, 24 drum racks containing pre-made kits.
- Kontakt, Logic & Reason include: 60 individual hit instruments + 24 pre-made kit instruments.
- Maschine & Battery include: 24 pre-made kits.
- MPC1000/2500 & MPC Live/X include: 24 pre-made kits on 6 MPC Programs.
- 226 MB Unzipped.
Modular Drums From Mars is now available for $39 USD and is also included in various bundles.
More information here: Modular Drums From Mars