Droplet is not again another delay plugin that fits into the large number of plugins but this one very unique, it sounds like falling raindrops!
There are countless delay plugins on the market, from simple to very complex ones. They often have one thing in common: they sound relatively the same. Sinevibes is one of these companies that tries always to develop plugins with a different sonic flavour. Droplet is not just a simple delay plugin but it features one specific sound character. It’s an audio effect that can sound like drops of rain.
This is possible because Droplet is based on a chain of 24 randomized delay lines that can produce nicely this unique sound. A very unique delay plugin in my opinion that is especially interesting for sound designers.
This delay chain features variable frequency damping, time modulation with original phase-flipped routing, as well as chaotic stereo panning, all of which lets Droplet go much beyond the actual raindrop delay – and into granular clouds, dreamy spaces and lush chorused reverbs.
Since the parameters are randomized each time a Droplet instance is created, just as any natural process it will never sound exactly the same – even the same preset on two different tracks in the same project will sound different.
- Chain of feedback delay lines with 24 “drops” and high-quality spline interpolation.
- Variable delay time and stereo pan randomization per drop.
- Feedback damping filter with low-pass and high-pass modes.
- Sine oscillator for delay time modulation with unique phase-flipped routing.
- Color-coded user interface graphics with subtle animations.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for retina screen resolution.
Droplet for Mac (AU) is available for for $29 USD. It is also part of the Complete Collection and Creative Collection bundles, which are now on sale at an additional 20% off.