Exclusive News by SYNTH ANATOMY!
The SuperBooth is the largest Synthesizer fair in Europe. Where once the Musikmesse was king, it’s now the Berlin counterpart. Although the SuperBooth attracts the most attention this year, you should not lose sight of the MM because this year a new hardware Synthesizer will be presented there. Coincidentally, I saw the news on the list of exhibitors.
Exodus Digital, a new company from UK will announce this year Valkyrie, a new digital hardware Synthesizer which may be the long desired successor of the Access Virus. The features of this new synth are quite impressive and we can hope that this will be a new powerful hardware synth.
The Valkyrie Synthesizer is finally complete and will be launched at MusikMesse, Europe’s biggest Music Show, in April 2018 in Frankfurt. Come and see Valkyrie for yourself on stand F46 in Hall 4.1. Valkyrie is a mainstream synth and will launch at a mainstream price. Valkyrie is perfect for live performance as well as studio-based producers. With a comprehensive control surface with real knobs and buttons as well as high-resolution OLED display, Valkyrie is a pleasure to work with and it comes complete with a full interactive editor/librarian application for Windows and Mac.
- Polyphony: Guaranteed contention-free 128 voice channels. A Dual Mode or Dual Filter Patch uses two voice channels per note played. Up to 32 notes (single or dual) per multitimbral part.
- Multi-timbrality: 8 independent Parts each with dedicated 9 module multi effects with dedicated audio stream via USB. Each Part can be mixed to one of the four analogue stereo line outputs.
- Two primary virtually alias-free Oscillator Groups per voice each with sawtooth, pulse, wavetable and noise available simultaneously. Each oscillator group also has an independent detunable suboscillator with four selectable shapes and two selectable pitches. Real Hard Sync, Ring Modulation and FM (frequency modulation) is available between the oscillator groups.
- Hypersaw: 6 or 12 real oscillator hypersaw with adjustable geometric detuning and intensity algorithm.
- Wavetables: 4096 18-bit linear PCM single-cycle oversampled wavetables covering a huge range of synthetic and emulated sound sources. Two independent wavetables per voice.
- Accurate emulations of classic analogue ladder filters with low pass, band pass and high pass configurations. 2-pole (12dB/octave) and 4-pole (24dB/octave) responses are available for all three filter types. A Patch can be configured to have linked or independent parallel filters.
Sound generation is all done in custom designed hardware at an incredible 32x oversampled rate and there’s ten oscillators per voice (1,280 in total) which can be doubled to twenty by combining two voices. There’s two wavetable oscillators available each offering 4,096 perfectly looped single cycle waveforms. Valkyrie’s filters are also implemented in hardware and are accurate emulations of classic two and four pole filters. Valkyrie has all the features you’d expect of a virtual analog synthesizer but takes it to the next level; there’s hard synchronisation, ring modulation, frequency modulation, wavetables and the hypersaw from heaven waiting for you to experiment with.
- Three fast-response ADSR envelope generators.
- 3 LFOs with 64 wavetable shapes. Monophonic, polyphonic, random, antiphase and quadrature phase settings.
- 6 channels with up to 3 destinations per channel.
- Nine module stereo effects unit per Part with a 3-band shelving EQ, a Formant Filter, 5-mode Distortion module, dual Limiters, stereo Delay module, 6-stage Phaser, Chorus/Flanger module and a Reverb module. All 72 effects modules can be used simultaneously without affecting polyphony.
Arpeggiator with 128 preset patterns, chord mode, MIDI clock.
- Arpeggiator with 128 preset patterns, chord mode, MIDI clock.
- Patch storage: 3,328 in total all of which are user programmable.
- Free Editor/Librarian app for Windows and Mac
- Processing: 32x oversampled 32-bit hardware sound generation. 96kHz floating point sound processing.
- Analogue outputs: 4 balanced stereo pairs using 32 bit DAC at 96kHz sample rate.
- USB audio: USB Audio Class 2.0 – 8 stereo 24-bit streams at 96kHz with 48kHz down-sample mode available.
- USB 2.0 and legacy (5-pin DIN connector) MIDI
- Display: High resolution 256×64 pixel graphic OLED
- Full keyboard microtuning capability with MIDI Tuning Standard (MTS) support.
Exodus Digital will announce Valkyrie Synthesizer on this year’s Musikmesse 2018. Availability & price informations TBA