One of these software companies which I always recommend is Togu Audio Line. This is a small company in Switzerland that specializes in Synthesizer and effect plugins. They became known mainly because of the stunning U-NO-LX (Juno emulation) or the BassLine-101 (SH-101 emulation) plugins.
After dedicating to delays (Dub-X) last, it’s time again for a new Synthesizer plugin. TAL-Mod is a modular virtual analog Synthesizer that offers a lot of different features. Beginning with 3 high-quality oscillators (saw, pulse, triange and sine waveforms) as well as a 1 additional noise oscillator with a variable character. Additional features like hard sync, FM or ring mod offers a lot sound possibilities here.
TAL-Mod is powered by two high-quality analog sounding resonance filters that can be routed in parallel or serial. On the modulation side, it features 2 LFO’s , 1 flexible modulation envelopes as well as 2 ADSR envelopes. To refine the sounds, it comes with several good sounding effects (high-quality, chorus, EQ, reverb and delay). For rhythmic sounds, it includes also an sequencer and arpeggiator. For those who don’t like the initial brown colour, there is a possibility to change the GUI with your favourite tone.
A Plugin for Beginners & Experts
Its special oscillator model is able to create a wide range of sounds, from classic mono to rich stereo leads, effects and pads. Routings can be done with virtual patch cables. Just connect a modulation output with a modulation target. After that it’s possible to adjust the intensity of the modulation. You don’t need to be a modular expert. The plug-in is suitable for beginners and experts!
- 3 oscillators with optional saw, pulse, triangle and sine waveforms.
- 1 additional noise oscillator with adjustable color.
- 2 high quality analog sounding resonance filters with different modes (LP, HP, Notch, All Pass, BP).
- Different filter routing possiblities (parallel and serial). With the possiblity to choose the oscillator sources.
- Full stereo signal path.
- FM / RingMode support.
- 2 oscillators support hard sync for saw, pulse, triangle waveforms.
- Create stereo sounds and rich harmonics with additional oscillators (up to 7 sound generators per oscillator for osc I and osc II).
- 2 LFO’s with different waveforms, sync, trigger, unipolar modes and the possibility to modulate the rate.
- 2 ADSR’s.
- Modulation envelope with spline or optional step mode. Trigger and host sync mode.
- Almost unlimited modulation possibilities with patch cable routing.
- Optional sequencer or arpeggiator.
- Basic effects: high pass filter, chorus, eq, reverb and delay.
- Mono and polyphonic mode.
- Microtuning support.
- Resizable UI.
- You choose your favorite UI colors.
TAL-Mod beta v0.97 is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) at a reduced price of $40 USD (regular $60 USD). Prices ex. VAT.
More information here: TAL-Mod