Andrew Belt released over the weekend a nice update for VCV Rack, a free modular software Synthesizer that emulates the world of Eurorack. The developer fixed in the new version 0.4.0 not only some bugs but also includes new free modules. A new VCO is available in the fundamental bundle, a new Lissajous mode in Scope, plug lights and more.
Changes in VCV Rack v.0.4
- Cables can now stack on output ports.
- Added sub-menus for each plugin and scrollable menus.
- Added MIDI CC-to-CV Interface, updated MIDI-to-CV Interface.
- Added new scrolling methods: middle-click-and-drag, shift-scroll, and arrow keys.
- Added engine pausing in sample rate menu.
- Added resizable blank to Core.
- Added plug lights for monitoring voltages of cables.
- Support for AMD Phenom II processors.
- Self-contained app bundle on Mac, plugins and settings go in ~/Documents/Rack/.
- Added Lissajous mode to Scope.
- Added two LFOs and VCO-2.
- Added Rampage dual slope generator.
- Added Keyframer/Mixer, based on Frames.
- Added nonlinear string and chord mode to Modal Synthesizer, based on Elements.
Beside this update, there are several new interesting free modules from third-party developers available:
Sonus Modular is a free collection of 7 modules.
- Bymidside: MS (mid-side) encoder
- Deathcrush: distorsion and bitcrusher
- Multimulti: a simple but handy double 2-in 8-out multiples
- Osculum: a VCO capable of harmonic but unusual sounds
- Piconoise: an ultra compact white noise generator with 8 outputs
- Scramblase: triple quadruple waveshaper
- Twoff: double CV static offset
ML_Modules is a collection of 5 new modules
Leonardo Laguna Ruiz released VultModules, a new set of three virtual filter modules
NYSTHI is a new collection of reverb and modules (MVERB, HIVERB, TWISTEDVERB, MODEL277, LOGIC)
Iohann Rabeson released also a simple module pack
This update is free of charge and the modules are also available for free.
More information here: VCVRack