That was a surprise yesterday that Electro-Harmonix released a Synthesizer App for iPhone and iPad. It was not announced before, so it was an astonishment release for all bloggers outside. This new app emulates an old hardware Synthesizer which is based only on one oscillator and very compact size. Also this machine released back in 1980, has a very unique sound and possibility to play with it because this synth doesn’t feature a classic keyboard but an early version of a touch-keyboard. Here is a picture from the 1980 released Hardware version.
Electro-Harmonix now released this old Synthesizer as digital emulation and bring it to iPhone and iPad. An Android version is also planed. You must be careful when you purchase the synth now. This synth isn’t universal so if you buy it as iPad version, you can use only the iPad version and not the iPhone version. The phone version is cheaper than the iPad version but has the same version. If you love is big for this app, you can even buy both version and use them both on iPad.
This is the iPad version
This is the cheaper in price iPhone version of the Mini-Synthesizer. He comes
with the same features than the iPad version.
Electro-Harmonix, a pioneer since 1968 in the field of sound effects pedals for musicians, has produced an app which is a faithful digital re-creation of their circa 1980 analog cult-classic, The MINI-SYNTHESIZER.The MINI-SYNTHESIZER app comes with 22 presets and the ability to store an almost unlimited number of user presets programs. Intuitive, flexible and powerful control are provided by the MINI-SYNTHESIZER’s 12 sliders and nine switches. Here’s a breakdown of the user interface:
- PITCH slider lets the player raise or lower the pitch of the note by +/- 1 octave
- SUB-OCTAVE slider introduces a note one octave below what’s being played for extra bottom
- OCTAVE UP switch causes the note being played to jump up one octave.
- TUNE knob lets the player tune the MINI-SYNTHESIZER to other instruments and sound sources over a +/- 50 cents range.
- PHASE RATE slider adjusts the speed of the phase shifter
- FILTER START sets the start frequency of the filter sweep
- FILTER STOP sets the stop frequency of the filter sweep
- SWEEP RATE controls the speed of the filter sweep
- PHASE switch turns the effect on/off
- 2X FILTER switch changes how the audio passes through the filters (either in parallel or in series)
- Q switch sets the amount of resonance on the filter sweep
- RETRIGGER switch turns the filter retrigger on/off
- TIME slider adjusts the delay time up to two seconds
- FEEDBACK controls the number of echo repeats
- BLEND adjusts the mix of the original signal and the echo repeats
- DELAY switch turns the effect on/off
- AMOUNT slider adjusts the reverb effect level
- BLEND slider controls the mix of the wet and dry signals
- REVERB switch turns reverb on/off
- REVERB>DELAY switch lets the user place either Delay or Reverb first in the effects chain for a variety of cool sound effects.
- VOL (Volume) slider adjusts the MINI-SYNTHESIZER’s overall sound output level
- POLY/MONO switch toggles between polyphonic (four notes can be played simultaneously) or monophonic (only one note can be played at a time) modes
- PRESETS pop-down menu displays the presets available and allows the user to instantly select one
- HORIZONTAL slider lets the player adjust the keyboards sounding range over an expansive eight-octave range.
- RIBBON Interface lets the player perform portamento (glide up or down to pitch), vibrato and other expressive playing.
The easy-to-use Electro-Harmonix MINI-SYNTHESIZER App is loaded with great sounds and features and is sure to appeal to serious musicians and non-musicians alike.
Official video from Electro-Harmonix