Rackmode goes Voltage Modular: Cherry Audio’s modeled vintage Moog signal processors are now available as 9 modules.
Last February, Cherry Audio released Rackmode, a collection of 7 effects processors that are circuit-precise emulations of vintage rare Moog signal processors from the 1970s and ’80s. These were created in collaboration with the Synthesizer developer and DSP programmer Mark Barton
Today, the developers announced that the Rackmode processors are going modular.
Cherry Audio Rackmode Modules
Rackmode processors are now also available as 9 new modules for Cherry Audio’s modular Synthesizer platform Voltage Modular. The developers have adapted the effects processors to the modular workflow and maintain the look and heritage of the rack-mounted enclosures. They added audio inputs/outputs as well as CV connectivity.
9 Rackmode Modules
- Rackmode 16 Channel Vocoder: recreates the iconic Moog 16 Channel Vocoder and comes in two versions: as an instrument plugin with a built-in dual oscillator, and as an effects plugin. Additional you get two vocal sources oscillators not available in the plugin versions:
- Vocal Source Oscillator: special dual-oscillator module with a unique “glottal” waveform that reproduces both the tonal and “air” sounds of the human vocal tract
- Poly Vocal Source Oscillator: identical to the standard VSO but with polyphonic pitch and gate/CV input jacks, and multi-voice capabilities.
- Phaser is based on the definitive 12-stage original phaser known for its lush, sweeping textures
- Ring Modulator is based on the unique Moog’s Harald Bode ring modulator with multiple waveforms and squelch control.
- String Filter emulates the characteristics of the extremely rare system created by Moog’s custom engineering group. It utilizes filter arrays that allows you to create physical modeling like acoustic string instrument sounds.
- Frequency Shifter is an emulation of the Moog 1630 Bode Frequency Shifter created by Harald Bode. It mixes two inputs or side-chains a single input with its own built-in oscillator. You can achieve colorful, metallic effects with it by modifying the ratio of incoming frequency components
- Graphic EQ gives you ten selectable frequency bands with drive and gain controls. It is capable of creating unique, exotic effects when used with other instruments and effects.
- Parametric EQ is a three-band EQ for sculpting the low, mid, and high-frequency ranges.
Great to see that Cherry Audio’s Moog effect emulations are now also available as modules for Voltage Modular. In this environment, they can be used even more flexibly for advanced sound design tasks.
Cherry Audio Rackmode modules for Voltage Modular are available now for a special introductory price of $69 USD in a complete bundle. Existing customers of the Rackmode VST plugin bundle get a 50% discount. Some modules are also available individually.
More information here: Cherry Audio