Polyend Tracker 1.5 is out now: besides tons of bug fixes, it lets you save custom instruments with the option to share them with friends
Grooveboxes are very popular. With the Tracker, the Polish developers of Polyend have taken a completely different approach to a groovebox. Instead of using classic sequencing, they modernized the concept of vertical music composing and brought it into the modern age. The result is simply called Tracker and is a huge success.
Today Polyend released the Tracker 1.5 update with many bugfixes but also new features
Polyend Tracker 1.5
The Tracker 1.5 update is not a huge feature update but rather one that fixes the groovebox in many points. You can find a huge list of bug fixes below. The update not only has tons of fixes but also new neat functionalities, two of them for the sound engine.
Tracker can now save separate instruments with all their settings including the envelopes, automation, filter, FX, and other parameters. They are organised and saved using an Instruments folder, which can also be conveniently managed from your computer. This function also allows complete instruments to be imported and exported. That means you can share your patches with your friends or the entire community.
Then, you can now select slices in sample playback Beat Slice mode by pressing the corresponding pads. A nice addition as well. Lastly, the “Step” function button label in pattern editor has now a “step jump” label.
- Incorrect Fill range in certain settings is now fixed,
- Sample recorder wasn’t recording if MIDI chord was playing,
- Un-deletable instrument after loading project from the previous version is now fixed,
- 1.5.0b1 regression: samples could be normalized to 0 after adding a new sample to the song,
- Fixed freeze after changing granular LFO settings,
- Bringing up the Instruments popup on the Tracker screen occasionally resulted in a flickering screen,
- Slice fill effect counted “From” and “To” ranges incorrectly,
- Tracker mixer’s visual performance is now better,
- Removing OFF events revealed a left-over MIDI instrument on the track,
- Beat slices weren’t fully displaying,
- “Render Selection” was sometimes inconsistent,
- Horizontal view mode edits weren’t always refreshing correctly on-screen,
- Sample preview in Sample Recorder was sometimes distorted,
- Volume of fast rolls was increasing on the last step of a pattern,
TSTP FX is not anymore interfering with song export,
- Tempo FX values below 40 were treated as T40,
- Current playing pattern wasn’t always in sync with highlighted song slot on the Song screen,
- Sidechain limiter stopped working after playing sound in Sample Editor/Sample Recorder,
- Active Reverb was cut when Sample Recorder was entered, even if “No” was selected,
- Subtle Limiter attack and release sounded too short after device restart,
- Changing radio region to Japanese didn’t apply until device restart,
- Part of the “Additional Info” bar was clearing when moving between Pattern Editor and other screens,
- Using Shift+Up to select contents of the current track selected all tracks instead when sequencer was running
Kudos to the Polyend developers for constantly updating the Tracker groovebox. And yes, the Tracker 1.5 update is free of charge.
More information here: Polyend
Available at our partner