Tone2 Saurus 3 analog-modeling Synthesizer plugin is out now: free update with new features, a larger GUI, new sounds & more.
As already reported at the end of July, the German software company is working on a new version of their Saurus analog-modeling Synthesizer.
Today it’s the official release of Saurus 3. It’s a big free update for all existing customers and new customers can benefit from a nice discount.
Tone2 Saurus 3
Saurus 3 is a versatile analog modeling/virtual analog Synthesizer plugin with a feature set that covers all aspects of hardware analog synths including a rich sound, punchy envelopes, and more. Version 3 comes with major improvements that makes the whole Saurus experience better again.
Starting with a new big interface that comes in four GUI sizes. There is now the right setting for every monitor. A new patch randomization feature gives you endless new sounds with a press on a button. Always useful in the case if you are out of ideas. Then, you will find a new soft clip in the config section and 192 new sounds from professional designers. This makes in total 1022 included patches.
Also new are:
- A scrollbar is visible in the patch browser (in case of more sound libraries)
- The texts in the patch-browser on Mac support hi-dpi drawing
- Patch-selector shows a checkmark for the current patch and category.
- Added digital signatures for the installers on PC, notarization for the installers on Mac.
- The texts are shown in the patch-browser on Mac support hi-dpi drawing.
- A double-klick on a knob resets it to the default value
- New micro tuning algorithm that is more subtle and can enhance also complex chords.
Further, Tone2 will no longer support the 32-bit version on PC with the introduction of Saurus 3. There is currently no sound demo for version 3.
At first look, it’s a nice update for this great-sounding virtual analog synth. And free updates are always very welcomed.
Tone2 Saurus 3 is available as a free update for existing Saurus 2 customers. Saurus 3 is currently available for $69/59€ (regular $119 USD). It runs as a VST and AU plugin on macOS and Windows.
More information: Tone2 Audio