Audio Damage Other Desert Cities is a forward-looking, yes almost nerdy multi-purpose delay plugin with multiple creative and inspiring algorithms.
The day of the effects. Sorry friends of synthesizers, I’ll report more about synths again very soon. The day goes on with a new plugin from Audio Damage.
Other Desert Cities, named after a famous sign on the I-10 highway leaving Los Angeles, is a new super versatile multi-algorithm delay plugin for sound designers.
Audio Damage Other Desert Cities
I had the opportunity to beta test the new Audio Damage plugin on iOS over the summer weeks. For me, it’s deep, inspiring, and hands-on. It features six unique algorithms, each with beautiful strange characteristics and called creative.
- desert shores stereo delay: a more or less standard dual delay, with basic EQ, saturation, crossfeed, and spread.
- mecca reverse delay: a dual delay without repeats play backwards.
- cactus dual-delta delay: pair of tape delays in use, with individual speed controls and pitch quantizing.
- thermal multi-tap delay: a dual multi-tap, with spread, crossfeed, and basic EQ.
- mirage multi-head delay: a tape delay with a rotating head in a VCR, experimental, strange, and wonderful
- sky valley granular delay: a pitch-shifting granular delay, with control over grain size and scatter, and with EQ
Modulation & Mixing
In addition to a large number of classic and unusual delay algorithms, another highlight is the extensive modulation engine of ODC. It includes a full suite of modulation power with two tempo-synced variable waveshape LFOs and envelope follower. The latter can be sourced by either the main inputs or a sidechain input. You can control almost all parameters with it and, thanks to the intuitive interface, you can map them super easily. With these, you can drift into other delayed worlds in a very short time.
ODC is probably one of the special, niche delay plugins. Yes, it has the classic ones but also delay algorithms that go forward and expands the sound design horizons. Mainly where you can go into detail and make unpredictable sonic tweaks. I definitely had a lot of fun with it
Audio Damage Other Desert Cities is available now for macOS/Windows & Linux for an introductory price of $59 USD (reg. $79 USD). It runs as a VST, VST3, AU, AAX 64-bit plugin only. ODC will also be available for iOS very soon.
More information here: Audio Damage