Sugar Bytes makes its sophisticated layering drum Synthesizer plugin DrumComputer available for mobile musicians in the form of a iPad-only iOS app.
The super versatile Sugar Bytes DrumComputer drum synthesizer has finally landed on the iPad as an AUv3 app. At $26.99 it’s not a cheap app, but one that is worth the price. Especially when you look at the advanced full-synthesized engines. You can also test the app, which is rarely possible on iOS.
The app is therefore a free download, but is limited (no AUv3…) Good, you can fully test the engine without annoying noises etc.
Sugar Bytes DrumComputer
DrumComputer is technically on the same level as the VST/AU/AAX plugin I reported on almost a year ago. It has 8 channels, each hosts 8 different sound engines including resonator, wavetable, resynth, more. You can also import own samples in the wavetable & re-synthesizer slot for endless timbres. Multimode filter, compressor, distortion and 2 kinds of Send Reverbs provide a vast toolset to carve the perfect drums.
Then, you have two envelopes, LFO hybris with lots of waveforms powered by a flexible modulation matrix. A 16-step/16-pattern sequencer is onboard that offers numerous clever and grooving features. Tempo, direction, and step lenght per track but that’s not all. It also hosts modulation sequencers for probability, rolls, step delay, and also pitch – decay, and mod sequencers.
That’s not wild enough? No problem. DrumComputer also comes with a pattern generator that inserts fills and parameter changes at certain song positions. The remix control creates crazy fills and covers lots of grooves and fun. Finally, the app ships with 400 global presets, 450 engine presets, and thanks to a sound randomizer function, you have an unlimited drum sound source.
- 8 Sound Engines, each one layering a Resonator, Wavetable/Analogue, Resynth and Sampler.
- Filter, Compressor, Overdrive and 2 kinds of Send Reverbs: Room and Hall.
- 2x Env/LFO, plus Synth-Engine-Modulators, Sequencer-Modulators, ModMatrix.
- Intelligent Randomizers for endless Drum Sounds.
- 16 Step Sequencer and Pattern Generator, Probability, Rolls, +/- Step Delay, Swing, Humanize.
- Auto- und Manual Remixing/Fills.
- Easy Keyboard Mapping for Patterns, Mutes and Engine Triggers.
- Keyzones for Rolls, Pitch and Modulation.
- Audio Unit v3 & Standalone.
- MIDI File Export.
- Multiple Audio/MIDI Outputs.
- Virtual, Network, External & Bluetooth MIDI.
- Ableton Link.
- MIDI Learn & Host Automation.
- Preset iCloud Sync.
- Preset Share.
Very tempting what the Berlin-based Sugar Bytes is offering for our iPads. DrumComputer is arguably one of the most powerful, high-level drum synthesizers on iOS. The app gives you a true synthetic drum sound manufacture in your fingers. Use it as a crazy drum machine or just use it as a sound design tool to design your drum sounds from scratch. Thanks to AUv3, DC can do both.
Sugar Bytes DrumComputer for iOS is available now as a free download from the AppStore. You can demo it for free and unlock the full version via in-app purchase for $26.99/29.99€. It features AUv3 support, save & session restore, iCloud sync…
More information here: Sugar Bytes