Big leak from the UK-based magazine Sound On Mag: Arturia is about to release a PolyBrute polyphonic analog Synthesizer very soon.
Background info: I’m not breaking an NDA contract with Arturia because I don’t know anything about the official release date, no financial relationship with them, or I haven’t planned a big video. Nope. I know the device but that’s all. Since an UK-based pro audio & music magazine has already leaked the product on its newest cover, this is public information.
The rumors have been around for a few years, now they are being confirmed. The UK-based magazine Sound On Sound (SOS) leaked the Arturia PolyBrute Synthesizer today in their October edition. It says they got a unit for an exclusive review of the new polysynth.
You don’t see much on the cover but we can expect 3 oscillators per voices, the beloved matrix in a small format of the MatrixBrute, and all fused in a five-octave big keyboard. I was able to see the device in a hotel room at NAMM 2020. I can’t remember all the details but that it is very similar to the MatrixBrute. The left lever on the left is very exciting and it has a ribbon controller like the Hydrasynth.
- 6-note polyphonic analog morph synthesizer
- 61-key keyboard with velocity-sensitive touch
- 2 brute waveshaping oscillators per voice;
- dual filter design: Steiner Multimode and Dr. Bob Moog’s 24db Ladder; Master Filter control and Filter FM;
- 3 LFOs and 3 envelope generators;
- Matrix interface for modulation, sequencer, and preset control;
- 64 matrix points for patching in modular style;
- 2 states per preset seamlessly crossfadeable with morph control Keyboard with split and layer function as well as poly, mono and unison mode;
- 3-axis morph controller;
- assignable ribbon controller;
- pitch and multi-function mod-wheel;
- 64-step sequencer with motion recorder and automation;
- multi-mode arpeggiator; digital stereo effects reverb, chorus and delay;
- display; memory protection switch;
- connectors 2x line output 6. 3 mm jack unbalanced, MIDI in- and output as well as MIDI-Thru, USB MIDI, Sync in- and output 3.5 mm mini jack, 2x Expression Pedal- and 1x Sustain Pedal input 6.3 mm jack;
incl. PolyBrute Connect Software (PCMac) for library management; optional Wooden Legs mountable (not included); dimensions: 975 x 130 x 378 mm (WxHxD)
- weight: 20 kg”
The new SOS edition should arrive on Thursday so we can expect a release on this day.
More information will follow soon: Arturia