Parallel Aggressor is Baby Audio ‘s fourth effect plugin for PC & Mac and takes classic parallel compression in a new direction by simplifying it but also making it more versatile
Baby Audio is no longer a baby in the plugin world. With plugins like Super VHS or Comeback Kid, the developers have published in the past effects that are cleverly designed and offers a feature set with a certain twist. No repetition, but refreshingly new. With Parallel Aggressor, they give classic parallel compression a new twist. The plugin is based on the classic and simple idea of parallel compressing: “compressing multiple copies of the same track and blending them together”.
The plugin splits your audio into three equal parts: dry (original signal), spank (heavily compressor duplicate) & heat (heavily saturated duplicate). Parallel Aggressor goes further and offers individual saturation and compression styles. With these, you manipulate the signal as you like it. In the intuitive interface, all three versions can be perfectly mixed together with independent sliders.
It’s like teamwork: Multiple copies of the same track – each focused on doing one specific job – can achieve more together than a single copy being processed to death on its own. Parallel Aggressor is based on this simple concept.
What makes Parallel Aggressor so different in my eyes is the way how it operates. The user can interact with it with the help of the sliders. So, you can drive the processed duplicates pretty hard while still maintaining integrity with the original track. So, it’s not just parallel compression but also a sound design tool.
- Balance the three parallel signals from the main level mixer.
- Use the Spank and Heat knobs to dial-up the firepower of the parallel engines.
- The meters help you set the right amount of Spank and Heat for any audio signal. (Dial the main Spank/Heat knobs until the meters peak right before the orange line).
- The style knobs inject desirable sonic flavors into the parallel engines. Engage many at once.
- The solo buttons let you monitor each parallel signal individually for fine-tuning purposes.
- Turn on Auto Gain to get a consistent plugin output, roughly matching the input level.
- Output sets the global output level (post Auto Gain).
- Switch between three different color schemes by clicking the top left icon.
Baby Audio Parallel Aggressor (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) is available now for an introductory price of $29 USD until August 30th, 2020 (regular $49 USD). The plugin is also included in the Complete Bundle, priced at $120 USD.
More information here: Baby Audio
Available at our partner