Novation releases a major free firmware update 1.4 for its SL MkIII keyboard & sequencer with tons of new creative arpeggiator & sequencer functions
The new SLMkIII 1.4 firmware update is huge. It brings new user-requested composition and performance features, which greatly expand its capabilities. Firmware 1.4 adds expanded arpeggiators, new sequencer functions, deeper swing control, and creative transposition features.
All the new features are designed intentionally to bring greater creative flexibility and possibilities to the SL MkIII user and to be a constant source of inspiration throughout the music-making journey. Again an impressive update from Novation. Many new functions that significantly expand the feature set of the SL MkIII.
- pre-part arpeggiator: each of the eight parts now have individual, independent arpeggiators, for building complex polyrhythmic patterns.
- arpeggiator probability: the new arpeggiator probability feature brings an element of randomness to each arpeggiator, turning SL MkIII into a generative and constantly evolving instrument.
- step probability: the probability of a programmed step can be altered, bringing creative irregularity and extending the musical palette of the SL MkIII.
- sequencer transpose (with pads): the SL MkIII’s pads can now be used to make sequencer transposition a powerful performance tool.
- pattern octave transpose: allows patterns to be transposed across the octave range, to find the perfect pitch and experiment with ideas.
- toggle swing per-part: with swing on or off per part, it’s possible to build contrasting layers of groove for more complex rhythmic results.
- pattern shift: now it’s possible to quickly offset the start and end points of a pattern together to explore variations and manage sequences.
- pitch bend to CV: the pitch-bend wheel can now be mapped to the CV output, opening up more expression possibilities for modular synth users and other external hardware control applications.
In addition to the new performance features, v1.4 includes some bug fixes — including one for Logic Pro users — which improve the SL MkIII exprience.
Novation SL MkIII Firmware update 1.4 is available now as a free download. Connect your controller via USB and navigate your browser to Novation Components, then follow prompts on the screen.
More information here: Novation
Available at our partner