Tone2 updates Saurus 2 virtual analog Synthesizer to version 2.6 with macOS Catalina support, better effects and faster loading time.
It’s not a major update, but one that stands out because of the long-overdue macOS Catalina support. It’s very strange to see that many audio plugins still have no Catalina support, even though the operating system has been on the market for almost a year. Hopefully, the next OS update won’t be as problematic as this.
Besides this, both PC & Mac versions are loading faster and many effects have been updated. The chorus sounds smoother, delay/pingpong offers more harmonics, tube-distortion is more clear and now supports oversampling. The interface brings bigger Menus for best visibility and several small enhancements have been implemented in the GUI.
Version 2.6 includes is downward-compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.
New In Saurus v2.6
- Tooltips and Drag&Drop info can be hidden in the config section.
- Added Digital Signatures for the installers on PC.
- Added Notarization for the installers on Mac.
- Support for Code-Signing on the Mac, since newer hosts may require it to be able to run plugins.
- Compatibility with MacOS Catalina.
- Completely new AudioUnit interface.
- A double-click on a knob resets in to the default value (Mac).
- Many more enhancements and fixes.
Tone2 Saurus 2.6 is available as a free update for registered users. Saurus 2 is available now for 99€.
More information here: Tone2