Steinberg today introduced the UR24C, another audio interface with USB-C (3.1 Gen 1 SuperSpeeed) with two channels with 32-bit/192kHz, DSP effects and more.
Steinberg has today expanded its range of audio interface with USB-C. The UR24C is a new two-channel interface that is designed for musicians, producers, and performers. It features 32-bit/192 kHz audio resolution, MIDI and delivers DSP power for using effects when monitoring audio without latency.
The UR24C features two balanced Neutrik combo inputs, high-grade D-PRE microphone preamps, two TRS main outputs, four RCA line outputs, and MIDI in and out. This interface is made for the future because it provides USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1 SuperSpeed) connectivity to ensure universal compatibility with both PCs, and Mac computers, as well as iOS devices.
Besides the wide range of DSP effects (REV-X reverb, Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics), it also comes with a comprehensive software bundle: the Cubase AI music production software, the Basic FX Suite consisting of effects and sound processing tools, native versions of the DSP effects (both VST 3 and AU compatible) and the Cubasis LE music production app for the iPad.
Its specialty lies in the switchable monitor modes for headphones: DAW mode is used for producing music with a DAW, such as Cubase or Nuendo, where the signal from output 1 or output 2 is chosen as the headphone source while allowing the user to adjust the balance of the signals from the DAW and from the UR24C’s inputs; DJ mode is expected to be used for performances with DJ software and backing tracks where the signal is split so the mono master sound is output to the right side of the headphones and the mono cue sound to the left, also letting the user adjust the balance of both signals.
- 32-bit Integer/192 kHz USB 3.0 audio interface with USB-C.
- 2 Class-A D-PRE mic preamps supporting +48 V phantom power.
- 2 analog XLR/TRS combo inputs (Hi-Z switch on input 1 for electric guitar), 4 RCA line outputs and 2 TRS main outputs.
- Switchable monitor modes (DAW/DJ) change the function of the headphones output.
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb, Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 and AU plug-in versions also included) alongside monitor mix knob.
- USB 3.0 bus-power operation (optional power supply required for USB 2.0).
- MIDI input and output.
- Rugged metal casing.
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version and Cubasis LE for iPad and dspMixFx editor application for Windows, macOS and iOS.
- Cross-platform compatibility for Windows, macOS, and iOS.
Steinberg UR24C audio interface will be available in the first quarter of this year for a suggested retail price of 249 EUR, including German VAT.
More information here: Steinberg
Steinberg Interfaces Are Available At Our Partner