Hey Metronome is AudioKit’s newest open-source metronome app for iOS with which you can control everything with your voice including the tempo, meter, beat patterns & more.
In secret and without teasing, AudioKit released a new iOS app shortly before Christmas. The last apps from the developers were so good that I can assume that Hey Metronome is top-notch again. However, this is now topped by Roger Linn, creator of the MPC & first drum machine who tested and approved the app.
The app changes the metronome experience and practicing becomes fun again. Siri is your personal assistant for all phone questions, Hey Metronome for all relevant music questions. It allows you to control the tempo, meter, beat patterns & more only from your voice. For example “Hey metronome set the tempo to 120,” “Hey metronome, shuffle,” or “Hey Metronome, next song,” and you’re off.
The app includes exclusive sound design from multi-platinum producers. You’ll experience drum beats, classic booming drum machines, and sounds designed to inspire and limit ear fatigue. Plus, you’re supporting open-source and music education!
Important: the app doesn’t require an internet connection for voice control so no data collected. If you buy the app, all proceeds go to the AudioKit project.
- Fun and professional, yet simple enough for kids
- Ditch the Click: Drum sounds by pro sound designers
- Use your voice to play, stop, set the tempo, and more
- Includes over a dozen themes. You can create your own themes.
- Choose from 100+ subdivision & accent combinations
- Use Ableton Link to control tempo in your favorite apps
- Full Setlist & Song system. Change songs hands-free
- Pick your time signatures, or through voice commands
- Friendly and encouraging: upbeat motivational messages
- Keep your hands on your instrument while you practice
- Customize the background with family, pets, or band pics
Hey Metronome is available now for a special introduction price of $0.99 on the Apple App Store.
More information here: AudioKit