Behringer RD-8, a fully analog recreation of the iconic Roland TR-808 drum machine is available now for pre-order
At Superbooth 2018, Behringer introduced the RD-8 analog drum machine, which is a clone of the legendary Roland TR-808. Compared to the original, it features an improved sequencer, an analog filter, transient shaper (wave designer) and more.
News From August 14, 2019
It took a long time but now there is light on the horizon. The long-awaited Behringer RD-8 analog drum machine is ready and shipping has started. As already known, the RD-8 is an analog clone of the legendary Roland TR-808 drum computer with new features, which had a great influence on the history of electronic music.
The company announced this news very briefly with the sentence “the w8 is over” and added two photos that show that the production and shipping have begun.
It is good to hear that the RD-8 is ready now. After there ware hints to trademark problems with Roland and the change of the name from RD-808 to RD-8, I assumed that the shipping is delayed a little longer.
- Amazing drum machine with authentic analog sound engine to create the classic sound performance
- 16 original drum sounds with additional parameters and global Accent capability
- Modern and versatile workflow provides enhanced playability, enabling you to create captivating live performances
- Powerful 64-step drum sequencer supports poly-meter, step-repeat, note-repeat, real-time triggering, track-mute and track-solo
- Integrated FX bus features Wave Designer and dual-mode Analog Filter with per voice assignment
- Live recording, editing and playback of Analog Filter cutoff via automation
- Storage of up to 16 songs and 256 patterns, all of which can be imported/exported during playback for unlimited songs and patterns
- Pattern Mode allows arrangement of patterns into full songs and setting number of repeats per song part
- Song Mode allows chaining songs together for live sets and expanded compositions
- Unique Auto Scroll feature enables improvisation in all modes
- Comprehensive MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB implementation for synchronization and connection to external devices
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock and Internal for maximum versatility
- 11 independent analog outputs for external processing or recording your rhythms as multi-track audio
- Powerful headphone and main outputs on 1/4″ connectors
- High-visibility LED display makes it easy to verify program parameters
- Robust encoder for editing parameters such as Tempo, Swing, Probability, Flam and Random
- 16 vintage-style step buttons with bold LED indicators for easy pattern creation
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Behringer RD-8 will be available soon for 299€
More information here: Behringer
Available at our partners