U-he updates its super versatile Zebra 2 modular Synthesizer plugin to version 2.9 with NKS and macOS Catalina support plus you can save 30% OFF during Black Friday.
It is still not Zebra 3 but with small steps, we are approaching the third version. In addition to the handy NKS add-on, Zebra 2.9 features two new oscillator effects called DX and Smear. Also, all factory presets now include XY parameters and the preset manager has been improved again with tags and more. Zebra 2.9 is, of course, a free update and available now to download in beta (final release end of November).
For those who do not have Zebra 2.9 yet, there is a nice deal during Black Friday. During BF, you can save 30% OFF on the Zebra modular Synthesizer. There is also a 30% discount for existing customers with at least one commercial U-he product. Request an email on the My Licenses page now, and you will receive a personal coupon code for a 30% discount in the online store.
Zebra2 is a sound-design playground. The powerful, high quality (but still CPU friendly) sound engine and the numerous sound sculpting tools make Zebra2 capable of a near-limitless range of new sounds and textures. A favourite amongst soundtrack composers, producers and sound designers, Zebra2 provides all the tools you need—the rest is up to you.
New & Improvements In Zebra 2.9
- Mac installer notarized (Catalina)
- NKS support for Zebra2 and Zebrify
- Added tags
- Factory presets all “XY-ified”
- Two new oscillator effects (DX, Smear)
- Browser: file system drag&drop support
- Browser: import/export of favourite assignments
- VST3 MIDI learn working
- Windows installer improvements
- Full UTF-8 support for installation paths
- Mac installer improved to prevent permission issues
- Improved GUI response time on some Macs running Mojave (sluggish GUI)
- Windows GUI performance improved (less CPU load with open GUI)
- Sustain pedal now working according to standard (0-63 = off, 64-127 = on)
- Fixed an issue where some oscillator effect combinations would lead to silence
- Fixed an issue where parameters could take over XY value from previous preset
- Fixed an issue where Microtuning & low notes could lead to problems
- Fixed an issue with the arp when not receiving MIDI note-off events
- Fixed an issue with the MSEG in single trigger mode
- Fixed rare crash when reopening old host projects
- Fixed rare issue where newly imported presets would not show up
- Fixed multiple graphics glitches in VCF module
- Fixed a glitch when trying to adjust MSEG mod depth in Zebrify
- Fixed wrong link to ZebraHZ presets folder (Windows only)
- Various other fixes and improvements
- No Linux version yet
- Crash when trying to load script presets (e.g. Randomizer)
- MSEG graphics glitch in the fill gradient (Windows only)
- Main display context menu needs plugin focus to work (Apple issue)
Zebra 2.8 Update
U-he Zebra 2.9 will be a free update for existing customers. To celebrate the new version, Zebra2 will be available at a 30% discount for a limited time.
More information here: U-he