reFX Nexus 3, the most expensive Synthesizer plugin ($1999 with all expansions) has been massively overworked with a new interface, librarian, arp/sequencer, effects & more
It took a little bit longer, but a new version of Nexus is out. Whether it is a full-fledged Synthesizer or a rompler is up to anyone. However, it is one of the most widely used plugins on the market, especially because of its many sounds that you can use immediately. The new version is a huge update and brings a lot of new features and improvements. One new feature is a new completely new color-coded librarian that simplifies the navigation through the sound libraries.
Further, it comes with a new 16-layer arpeggiator with up to 256 steps, a reworked effect section, a chord sequencer, and a brand new vector-based GUI. On top, it offers four quick-access macro controls and 20 modulation slots.
Good decisions: all existing Nexus 2 libraries are compatible with Nexus 2 and the new version no longer uses dongles or third-party tools for registration. Plus, you get more than 350 new high-quality, hand-craft presets. A nice update for this best-known plugin.
New Features of reFX Nexus 3
- New librarian: It’s large so it can fit all the content available for NEXUS3! It features three columns for easy navigation, and displays counters for folders, categories, and presets. Color-coded tags, bookmarks, favorites, and a dedicated location for user presets. Easily find what you’re looking for with instant sound preview, search-while-you-type, filter by category and tags, and so much more.
- New arpeggiator: time for an arpeggiator overhaul. Access all sixteen layer arpeggiators, in addition to the main arpeggiator. Extend the pattern length up to 256 steps and play the most complex patterns you can come up with. Throw in improvements for more comfortable editing and experimentation, and the result is the best Arpeggiator you can find on the market.
- Fully revamped effects page: Now with visualization of the signal-flow to give you real-time feedback. You see what you hear and you hear what you see. Four insert effects, four equalizers, filter, reverb, delay, impulse, and limiter. Color-coded for navigating incredibly fast. All on one page. No clicking back and forth countless times to get to the desired result.
- New sequencer: NEXUS3 features a brand-new sequencer mode. It’s easy. It’s intuitive. Give it a try! Nothing stands between you and those chords you’ve always wanted to put down. Create the most complex patterns with multiple notes per step and set the velocity individually. Zoom in on the x-axis or the y-axis to make fine adjustments or zoom out to have an overview of the full pattern.
- Vector-based GUI: sharp and crisp. Always. Resize to what is convenient for you. No matter the resolution of your screen, NEXUS3 always looks good.
- Macros & more modulation: four quick-access macro controls and a total of 20 modulation slots. Convenient and easy to use.
- New cloud-sync feature: automatically store your favorites, bookmarks, user presets, and settings in the cloud. Getting back your content when installing NEXUS3 on a new computer has never been easier.
- Fast, easy on the resources: NEXUS has never been faster and better! Preset loading times and CPU performance have been vastly improved.
- Compatible with NEXUS2: NEXUS3 is compatible with your existing NEXUS2 library. Load your old beats into your DAW and load the sounds you’ve had before. Upgrading has never been smoother.
- More sounds: NEXUS3 expands the factory content by more than 350 new, high-quality, hand-crafted presets. Because one can never have too many sounds.
- Online activation: yes, we’ve heard you. No more dongles or other third-party tools required. Activate NEXUS3 online – it’ll only take a few seconds and you’re good to go.
- reFX cloud app: Installing NEXUS3 and expansions is now easier than ever before. Click the icon of the product you’d like to install.
reFX Nexus 3 is available now for 250€ in a starter version, 1399€ in a value version and complete for 1999€. Upgrade prices are available for existing users.
More information here: ReFx