Motu M2 & M4 are two new affordable DC powered audio interfaces with LED live metering and unique loopback function perfect for music & content creators.
MOTU has today released M2 & M4, two new USB bus-powered audio interface for Mac, Windows, and iOS. It offers best-in-class audio quality, best-in-class speed (ultra-low latency) and best-in-class metering with a full-color LED. With two and four channels of audio I/O, respectively, the M2 and M4 include individual 48V phantom power on both mic inputs, mono, and stereo hardware (direct) monitoring and full MIDI I/O.
One highlight is the LCD display with which you can meter audio very well. Another great feature is the new loopback function that allows you to record computer audio, perfect for YouTubers, streamers… The M2 and M4 are DC coupled and is, in my opinion, an important feature in times where we have Ableton CV Tools. Great new affordable audio interface from MOTU.
“The M2 and M4 deliver unmatched audio performance at an entry-level price point,” said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. “With simple plug-and-play operation and a complete package of bundled software, instruments and sounds, users can get started making music right away.”
Equipped with the same ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology found in audio interfaces costing thousands, the M2 and M4 deliver 120 dB Dynamic Range on their outputs. ESS converters also drive the headphone output, which rivals dedicated headphone amplifiers. Thanks to MOTU’s engineered USB drivers, the M2 and M4 deliver class-leading, ultra-low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (with a 32 sample buffer at 96 kHz). The M2 and M4 are the only audio interfaces in their class with a full-color, high-resolution LCD featuring clear, detailed level meters for all inputs and outputs.
Features (M2 & M4)
- 2-in / 2-out and 4-in / 4-out USB audio interfaces with studio-quality sound.
- Best-in-class audio quality driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology.
- Best-in-class speed (ultra-low latency) for host software processing.
- Best-in-class metering for all inputs/outputs with a full-color LCD.
- 2x mic/line/hi-Z guitar inputs on combo XLR/TRS.
- Individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power for each input.
- 2x balanced 1/4-inch line inputs (M4 only).
- Hardware (direct) monitoring for each input.
- Monitor mix knob to balance live inputs and computer playback (M4 only).
- Measured -129 dB EIN on mic inputs.
- Balanced, DC-coupled 1/4-inch TRS outputs (2x for M2; 4x for M4).
- Measured 120 dB dynamic range on the 1/4-inch balanced TRS outputs.
- RCA (unbalanced) analog outs that mirror 1/4-inch outs (2x for M2; 4x for M4).
- 1x headphone out (driven by ESS converters) with independent volume control.
- MIDI in/out.
- Support for 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates.
- USB audio class compliant for plug-and-play operation on Mac (no driver required).
- Windows driver with 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz).
- Mac driver (optional, for 2.5 ms RTL@32/96 kHz and loopback feature).
- iOS compatible (USB audio class compliant).
- Driver loopback for capturing host output, live streaming and podcasting.
- Bus-powered USB-C (compatible with USB Type A) with power switch (USB cable included).
- Rugged metal construction.
- Workstation software included (MOTU Performer Lite 10 and Ableton Live Lite 10).
- 100+ instruments (in Performer Lite).
- Over 6 GB of included free loops, samples and one-shots from industry leading libraries.
- Kensington security slot.
- Built-in the USA.
- Two-year warranty.
MOTU M2 is available now for 199€ & M4 for 259€ worldwide.
More information here: MOTU
MOTU M2 & M4 are available now at our partner