AAS Ultra Analog VA-3 now has a bi-timbral synth engine with a new ladder filter, a completely redesigned browser, new macro controls, 500+ new sounds & more.
Great news from one of my favorite plugin developers. Applied Acoustics Systems (AAS) has today released a major update for its excellent Ultra Analog Synthesizer. Ultra Analog VA-3 features a reworked bi-timbral synth engine with which you can combine two sounds in one patch. A new authentic-sounding ladder filter emulation was built into the engine which allows you to design very classic “analog” sounds.
Further, it received a redesigned browser and a new home page with MIDI-enabled macro controls. On top of that, it includes more than 500 new sounds by best-known sound designers. As always the upgrade prices fro VA-1 or VA-2 are very fair. During the introduction phase, you can upgrade for just $39 USD.
Update: AAS has today released VA-3 V3.1.0 that features UI scaling functionality.
Tip: If you do not have VA-1 or VA-2, there is a possibility to get the new version cheaper. Buy the Pay What You Want Synths Sound Packs bundle for $14.89 USD and get Ultra Analog Session. You can then upgrade this for $49 USD in the intro sale. The benefit is: you pay less and you have 5 additional sound packs for VA-3. Psst but do not say further!
New In AAS Ultra Analog VA-3
- Home view: With macros mapped to key sound characteristics—modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect—the Home view presents a distraction-free and laidback browsing and tweaking experience.
- Two-voice multitimbral: it combines two independent timbres—stacked or split—to create performance-friendly, texture-full, and spacious sounds that are sure to make a good impression.
- New factory library: VA-3 ships Ultra Analog VA-3 ships with a completely new factory library of 560 sounds created by top sound designers.
- Pepped VA-2 Legacy library: A long and fastidious process of fine-tuning went down in the AAS quarters. Each and every sounds of the legacy Ultra Analog VA-2 library went under the eyes of all team members to exit with a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling real-time sound transformation assignments to take advantage of the new features of Ultra Analog VA-3. That’s an extra 648 solid sounds in your hands.
- New browser: with Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators views, VA-3’s brand-new browser offers an efficient way to home in on the sounds you’re looking for.
- Macros: VA-3 now boasts four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real-time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.
- Improved filter’s musicality: it can now put up with extreme modulation while remaining totally musical.
- Ladder filter: it’s multi-mode module now stars a brand-new ladder-type filter for that classic low-pass response.
- Improved microtonal tunings via scala sale files
- neat compatible with Ultra Analog VA-2 sounds
- expanded multi-effects module: it’s multi-effects module now sports reverb, equalizer, compressor, tremolo, and guitar amplifier processors for even more completeness. Furthermore, the five effect slots can be re-arranged in any order.
AAS Ultra Analog VA-3 is available now for $149 USD (regular $199 USD). Upgrades start at $39 USD. Check out the beginning of the article to get the plugin super cheap.
More information here: AAS
Available at our partner