Expert Sleepers ES-9 is a new Eurorack DC-coupled 16-in/-out 96kHz USB audio interface with built-in 1/4″ main & headphone output sockets.
If you want to work with your DAW (Ableton Live, Bitwig Studio) and your Eurorack modular Synthesizer, it’s hard to ignore an audio interface that has DC ins/outs The market for such interfaces has risen steadily in recent years. No wonder, more and more musicians are working with modular Synthesizers but do not want to exclude their DAW from their setup. Now with the new Expert Sleepers ES-9, there is another interface that can do a lot.
ES-9 is a Eurorack 16-in/16-out USB audio interface, with DC-coupled inputs and outputs than can be used for both audio and CVs. A clever addition is the new balanced 1/4″ main outputs & additional headphone socket. The ES-9 acts as a bridge between the computer and the modular synthesizer on audio and CV basis.
The ES-9’s 14 analogue inputs allow simultaneous tracking or mixing of a large number of sound sources in your modular, while the 8 DC-coupled outputs are perfect for controlling the modular with Silent Way, Max/MSP, Abelton’s CV Tools or similar, or for sending audio out to the modular for processing.
If you need more outputs, the ES-9 can be expanded (up to 48 more) with the ES-5 and also has a pair of S/PDIF sockets for connecting other digital audio gear. Further, it provides a pair of MIDI sockets via the DM4 MIDI breakout module. At first glance, ES-9 is a very versatile audio interface for the Eurorack system.
- Panel width: 16HP
- Module depth (including power cable): 50mm
- Current draw: 451mA on the +12V rail, 133mA on the -12V rail (at 96kHz)
- USB socket: Type C
- Driver support: class-compliant USB 2.0 (no driver required for macOS and iOS – Windows drivers provided for Windows 7, 8 & 10)
- Channel count: 16 in, 16 out
- Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Audio sample depth: 24 bit
- Analogue outputs:
- 8x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled, Maximum output voltage approximately ±10V
- 2x 1/4″ TRS balanced jacks, AC-coupled (main outs)
- 1x 1/4″ TRS stereo jack, DC-coupled (headphones)
- Analogue inputs:
- 14x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled, Input voltage range approximately ±10V
- Digital I/O: 1x S/PDIF input (TOSlink), 1x S/PDIF output (TOSlink)
- MIDI I/O: 1 input, 1 output (on breakout)
- Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for MIDI breakout
- Panel controls: headphone volume
- Internal mixer: 8×8 crosspoint mixer
Expert Sleepers ES-9 will be launched at SynthFest UK (October 5th 2019) with an exclusive preview at Signal Sounds on September 26th. It is expected to be generally available shortly thereafter. It will be available for UK £499, $569 USD (exclusive of sales tax), EU €469 (exclusive of VAT) (MSRP). We expect to begin shipping the first batch of ES-9 week beginning 14th October.
More information here: Expert Sleepers