Cableguys ShaperBox 2 multi-fx plugin has been updated and now animates your sound & tracks with more depth and precision
Cableguys has today released a major upgrade for their best-known ShaperBox plugins. ShaperBox 2 features all-new versions of the five Cableguys effects in a single plugin. It includes TimeShaper 2, VolumeShaper 6, FilterShaper Core 2, PanShaper 3 and WidthShaper 2. All these effects are also available as individual plugins.
The plugin is a nice complete set of effects that brings movement into your sounds and tracks. For example, you can transform a simple static pad into a wild sound. Available are controls over filtering, volume, panning, stereo with or even the flow of time.
Endless Shaping Options
The effects are not the highlights (in my opinion) but how to use them. In each effect processor, you can draw in your dream modulation shapes with the help of various modulators. It includes Cableguy’s easily editable LFOs now with three powerful pens for drawing lines, arcs, and S-curves at a stroke. On top, a new envelope follower is on board that reacts to beats, basslines, melodies and more.
Shaperbox 2 can be used in many areas. From creative sound manipulations to mixing with sidechaining, ducking and more. All plugins are equipped with many new features and have been cleverly improved in many places. VolumeShaper 6 includes a new visual compressor, FilterShaper Core 2 eight lush phaser modes, TimeShaper 2 new tape/vinyl “wow effects and more. A complete list of all new features and improvements can be found here:
New in ShaperBox 2
- Powerful Pens: Designing your dream ShaperBox LFO has never been easier! Grab three powerful, easy-to-grasp Pens and draw crisp lines, smooth arcs and flowing S-curves directly into the LFO waveform editing area. Redraw transients in a click, rapidly build rhythmic patterns, and more. Switch back to classic single-node editing anytime.
- Flexible envelope followers: Filter, Pan and Width Shapers can now react automatically to the dynamics of your beats, loops, melodies – anything. Make filters open with each snare hit. Widen synths as they grow louder. Pan percussion dynamically. Use internal filtering to focus the response, and trigger from other tracks using sidechain routing.
- Visual compression: With a high-quality, British-inspired compressor now inside VolumeShaper 6, you can dial in perfect punch and multiband control for drums, basslines, vocals and more. Still not perfect? Grab a Pen and refine the gain curve till it is, with the compression shown on the same large graph as your volume edits.
- Pumped-up filters: Use 3 filters at once with multiband mode now in FilterShaper Core 2. Dive in deep with 8 lush Phaser modes, with up to 8 peaks/notches. And experience even more fluid, analog-like response with zero-delay feedback (ZDF) designs for all resonant filters, and internal saturation and resonance compensation for Clean filters.
- Mighty Fine Mode: Manipulate time on a microscopic level with TimeShaper 2’s new Fine Mode. Choose from 3 range settings: 2.5, 10 and 20ms. Create vintage vinyl pitch wobbles and subtle retro tape flutter. Mix in the dry signal to create huge flanger swooshes and crisp chorus effects.
- The Haas effect: Blend regular and Haas panning right inside PanShaper 3. Using ultra-short delays, Haas panning creates a rich illusion of stereo placement while maintaining a full sound in both speakers. Create the perfect stereo balance – or go extreme for pitch-bending Doppler effects.
- Quick Presets: Work faster than ever with 1-click Quick Presets right on ShaperBox 2’s startup screen, giving instant access to production essentials like mono bass and sidechain ducking. Just add ShaperBox, click and create.
- Packs of Inspiration: Want that perfect creative stutter? Need a pro compressor setup for your drum bus? Scratches or tape-stops for a fill? There’s a Pack for that! From Compression Toolbox and Sidechain City’s essential studio settings to the wild sound-warps of Instant Remix and Simple Stutter, each Pack is a curated collection of the very best presets for that task.
- Redesigned interface with larger editing areas.
- Retina/HiDPI support for crisper, clearer graphics.
- Clearer oscilloscope waveforms.
- Magnitude mode for easy Envelope Follower setup.
- Smoother, more accurate spectrum view.
- Dedicated selection tool for multi-node editing.
- 2x button – double up patterns with a click.
- Trigger Smoothing to reduce clicks when MIDI Triggering.
- Increased band-split range, now from 20Hz-20kHz.
- External sidechaining and internal filters for Envelope Followers.
- Envelope Follower Threshold – exclude quiet signals from triggering the envelope.
- Depth x2/x4/x8 for Envelope, to amplify modulation strength.
- Steep 24dB multiband crossovers join the classic 6 and 12dB models, for even greater precision..
- Output Gain control in VolumeShaper 6 – ideal for transient boosting.
Cableguys ShaperBox 2 bundle (VST/AU) is available now for 89€/$99 USD. Individual shapers are starting from 19€/$24 USD. Users of previous versions can upgrade from 10€ /$11 USD.
More information here: Cableguys
Available at our partner