Behringer K-2, an analog clone of the vintage KORG MS-20 Synthesizer in Eurorack format is available now for pre-order.
Everything is fast now. The Behringer K-2 Synthesizer is available now for pre-order for 329€ from Thomann. They are again the first shop to offer this synth so fast because the first batch will be flown in via air freight.
Interesting is that the Behringer K-2 will not have the price 299€ like the Neutron or Model D but 329€. One downside: according to a reader of Synth Anatomy, Behringer confirmed that it has HZ/oct and not the classical Eurorack standard 1v/oct.
News From August 23, 2019
Yet another Synthesizer from the supposedly untrue leak list (2017) is in production. Behringer has today announced that the K-2 Synthesizer, a clone of the vintage KORG MS-20 is ready for shipping. What makes the K-2 different to the original is the look and certainly the Eurorack format.
So the K-2 has no keyboard and is delivered in the same design as Model-D or Neutron. The K-2 will have both filters onboard. For those who would like to have an MS-20 as Eurorack synthesizer, there is now a cheap option. A polyphonic MS-20 is also possible with the K-2 because it supports the 16-voice poly chain. Something weird that the K-2 is now on the market, where many are waiting for the Behringer Pro-1.
Behringer FB positing: 2,000 K-2 synthesizers ready to ship. We hear people constantly complaining that we’re announcing too early and never ship anything. This time we kept quiet:-) More to come… Back in April, I reported already about the K-2 Synthesizer leak where Behringer published an interview with one from the support (Jeffrey Ford)
“I’ll be honest, I love Korg mono synths. One of my all-time favourites is the Korg 770, this little guy’s older sister. First off I’m amazed at the form factor in such a small footprint. This thing sounds awesome. Having a high pass and low pass with adjustable peak is amazing for fine tweaking tones. My 770 doesn’t have that. One could get lost for hours just patching to different places and finding an endless sea of sounds. I
never had an MS-20 so this was a learning experience of wonderment and at times pure awe. What a flexible little monster. Most definitely a generator of sounds from outer space. Add some tape delay and I’d go missing for hours on end. Wonderful job on this guy.”
Exact information about the features does not exist yet but in the leak of 2017 contained a detailed feature list.
Feature List (Leak 2017)
- Amazing analog synthesizer with dual VCO design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors and JFETs
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- First and second-generation filter design (high pass/low pass with peak/resonance)
- 4 variable oscillator shapes with variable pulse widths and ring modulation for ultimate sounds
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution ??? main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 36 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Behringer K-2 Synthesizer is available in 2-3 weeks for a price of 329€.
More information here: Behringer
Available at our partner