VULT, known for its VCV Rack and Voltage Modular modules, now also makes hardware. With the VULT Freak manifold filter, the developer introduced a new digital stereo filter module for Eurorack with many different filter types.
Interesting here is: the module already exists as a VCV Rack plugin under the same name.
The VULT Freak module includes the following filter models:
- Tangents – Steiner-Parker filter containing three different variations.
- Lateralus – Ladder filter.
- Nurage – Low pass gate / Borg filter.
- Ferox – CMOS filter.
- Vortex – Russian filter.
- Unstabile – Circuit bent State Variable filter.
- Stabile – State Variable filter.
- Rescomb – Resonant Comb filter.
- Vorg – MS-20 style filter.
On the black/white interface, you have controls for cutoff, resonance, drive, knobs for the modulation amounts and two buttons (func & sel). On the I/O side, it offers a stereo input/output (A/B), CV control over the cutoff A, B and A+B, resonance and drive.
VULT also announced new features for the future via firmware updates: more routing options for A & B inputs, calibration menu to define the actual positions of the knobs & input voltages and a new dual filter mode.
VULT Freak is available now for pre-order for 225€ (VAT included) and shipping will start at the beginning of August.
More information here: VULT